Audio/Video: Irvin Show & NFL Live talk Ware injury

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
How will this injury affect Demarcus Ware?

By dcfanatic, October 22, 2009 10:52 pm

For about 24 hours now I have been wondering whether or not this stress fracture is going to affect Demarcus Ware to the point that he isn't really the Demarcus Ware we all know and love.

He says he's fine and isnt worried about the injury, read here.
"I've been playing with it for three weeks and been doing good, so ..." Ware said.

Ware had his first two sacks of the season at Kansas City and has not missed any playing time because of his foot. He has been slowed by a neck injury and had his bell rung in the season opener.

Ware said he thinks he should be close to 100 percent in two weeks. He is rehabbing with a bone stimulator and has taken fewer practice reps.

"I've been practicing, doing what I needed to do and it's not been hindering me," Ware said.
What did you think he was going to say? He's a warrior so he doesn't want to sit on the sidelines as his teammates play the Falcons.

He hasn't been his All World self this season and now we know why. There isn't anyone else on this roster who would be better than Ware when they are at 100% compared to Ware are whatever percent so there really is no point in asking whether or not he should be playing as long as the medical staff clears him. The man is that good.

Here's the guys on The Michael Irvin Show discussing Ware and his injury and if it should or will affect his contract talks...

Irvin Show discusses Ware

I don't think this injury is anything to worry about long term, but I do think he's going to be slowed down a bit. Jerry will still be paying him a whole bunch of money sometime in the future.

NFL live talks about Ware's injury and about the Cowboys having to make a statement against the Falcons...

[youtube]6y96XTMgTTE[/youtube]

It would nice if Anthony Spencer would break out on Sunday and show us he can be a legit pass rusher for this defense.

This is definitely a statement game too. The Cowboys should be looking at this game like it's a playoff game.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The pass rush needs to come from Rat and the ILBs b/c the Falcons love their short drops & quick passes. Ware and the other edge rushers only become a factor if the Cowboys take a lead and/or stuff Atlanta's running game making them one dimensional (forcing 7 step drops/holding the ball longer).

Secondary cannot allow the Falcons to complete the hot reads either, play them tight w/safety help on top. And for the love of God, the safeties need to wrap up immediately after a catch is made.