Audio: Werder and S.A.S on GAC - 12/17/08

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I wonder if any of you know the name of the song that opens the show for GAC?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Fight City, USA: T.O. vs. Ed Werder. Who ya got?

Michael Wilbon: Ed Werder...100 times out of 100. I don't "think" Ed Werder gets it right. I know he does. All the time. Every reporter in the world has made mistakes at times. But the damn good ones, like Ed, don't make mistakes on big picture stuff like this. Did you hear the other Cowboys people say the story was wrong? No, you didn't. Because it isn't wrong. Ed got that story from multiple sources because that's the kind of reporter he is. My money is on Ed.

scoami

Reaction score
Hostile;2503025 said:
I wonder if any of you know the name of the song that opens the show for GAC?

Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
scoami;2503052 said:
Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs
Very good. I confess, I know it because it is on the American Graffiti soundtrack.

Post more often.

silver

Reaction score
the more i hear about the ravens the more confident i get that we'll manhadle them. i dont think they'll recover mentally from losing the way they did to a division rival. they're primed for the taking

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;2503049 said:
Fight City, USA: T.O. vs. Ed Werder. Who ya got?

Michael Wilbon: Ed Werder...100 times out of 100. I don't "think" Ed Werder gets it right. I know he does. All the time. Every reporter in the world has made mistakes at times. But the damn good ones, like Ed, don't make mistakes on big picture stuff like this. Did you hear the other Cowboys people say the story was wrong? No, you didn't. Because it isn't wrong. Ed got that story from multiple sources because that's the kind of reporter he is. My money is on Ed.
Uh...what?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
LOL.

Is TO jealous of Witten?
I don't really want to get into it, because I haven't spoken to him this season, so I wouldn't want to say what he thinks and feels.
So you'll report that someone said it, but you won't outright declare that you think it's true.

Wow, you'd think if there so much doubt about his own reporting, he'd exercise a little discretion in what he reports.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Hostile;2503056 said:
Very good. I confess, I know it because it is on the American Graffiti soundtrack.

Post more often.

and (more music trivia) who was their guitar player?

2much2soon

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2503124 said:

Ding ding ding!

First time I became aware of him was with the Blues Brothers backup band when I was a kid in the '70s.
Didn't know until years later how influential he was in the whole R&B thing back in the day. Some give him a lot of credit for the whole "Motown" sound.
Sweet guitarist.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
2much2soon;2503112 said:
and (more music trivia) who was their guitar player?
Steve Cropper.

Blues Brothers fan too.

Donald Dunn, called "Duck" was also with them and the Blues Brothers.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2503124 said:

2much2soon;2503146 said:
Ding ding ding!

First time I became aware of him was with the Blues Brothers backup band when I was a kid in the '70s.
Didn't know until years later how influential he was in the whole R&B thing back in the day. Some give him a lot of credit for the whole "Motown" sound.
Sweet guitarist.
Oh crap, I got upstaged. I should have read on before answering.