Audio: Werder, Mort, Rod Woodson and Simms - 11/15/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
If you are a Cowboys fan you know Ed Werder is the 'beat reporter' for ESPN when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys. Now we also know he's a trouble maker and and loves nothing more than to blow something out of proportion to create a headline for the mother ship to run with on Sportscenter.

But I think he also knows the team pretty well and we just have to weed thru the sensationalism when we are listening to him as he talks about the team.

Here's Werder on The Herd...

Werder on The Herd

If the Cowboys come out flat and get rolled over by the Skins I do hope Jerry fires Wade and allows Jason Garrett to take over immediately.

He's right about Jerry Jones, but we already knew that. Tony Romo is one of the best QB's in all of football, but I am not sure one man can win football games. At some point Wade Phillips defense has to find a way to be consistent and help the team win. We are going to see over the next seven games whether or not they can do it.

Here's Chris Mortensen on with Galloway and Company...

Mort talks Cowboys

I can't see Goodell letting Pacman back either. The kid knew he wasn't supposed to be involved in any BS where he was out drinking. So he doesn't have any defense when Goodell says that he's suspended for the rest of the season.

Jerry is good for the $350 mil. The stadium will be completed and the Cowboys will be playing in one of the grandest stadiums in all of the land in 2009.

Carving station out at practice? Weird.

Must win is dead on. This is a playoff game for the Cowboys and they had better know it before they even get to Fed Ex Field. This game and the rest of the season is all on the shoulders of Tony Romo. The defense isn't good enough to win games and especially the last four games which are very tough contests against the Steelers, Giants, Ravens and Eagles.

Here's Rod Woodson on The Herd...

Rod Woodson on The Herd

I don't really like Woodson because he clearly has a bias against the Cowboys, but the man is telling the truth here. Even if we beat the Skins the road ahead is still very very tough in terms of locking up a playoff spot.

Here's Phil Simms on The Dan Patrick Show...

Simms says Cowboys unorganized

Well we know the defense fits into that category. We see it every Sunday and if that isn't enough we now have players on other teams telling us this exact thing (Brandon Jacobs, Clinton Portis).

That makes me so mad. It also makes me mad that we see people use terms like 'sloppy' 'undisciplined', and 'lazy' to describe this team.

Here's comes the broken record. Wade's style of being 'laid back' worked for a while, but now it's becoming a disaster.

Wade isn't going to change, but there is still hope.

The hope is that some of the players can step up and lead this team in another direction by voicing their opinions and creating an environment where the BS won't be tolerated. Maybe even some of the assistant coaches can also step into that sort of role if need be.

This game on Sunday is going to tell us a whole lot about the 'pulse' of this team.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I dont like ed werder at all, he tells secrets or plays the cowboys have in mind, he laughs at the cowboys when they are losing

if i was the owner, i would have the team not talk to him at all, no one would be allowed to talk to him

and I wish that God would strike him with no voice to speak with to shut him up

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2419213 said:
I dont like ed werder at all, he tells secrets or plays the cowboys have in mind, he laughs at the cowboys when they are losing

if i was the owner, i would have the team not talk to him at all, no one would be allowed to talk to him

and I wish that God would strike him with no voice to speak with to shut him up

LOL. Wow, you have to ease up on T.O.'s BFF forever there Joe.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Werder is an idiot. these reporters, some have been covering football for a while, they should've at least picked up some knowledge about the game.

But some just cannot seem to pick up anything because they have other things blocking the incoming knowledge.

Werder, said those things about T.O. because he gets the "next question" line
anyone that has been watching T.O. for the past 12/13 seasons know that T.O. excells at the slants, crossings, anything that goes acroos the middle, I do not think T.O. excells at the out patterns, he is adequate.