Audio: Woody: It’s all about the Safeties this week

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Woody: It’s all about the Safeties this week

By dcfanatic,

Darren Woodson is saying things that are very concerning to me considering that the Cowboys Safeties have not been making many play this season...

Woody on The Michael Irvin Show

Having Gerald Sensabaugh back should help the Cowboys with Tony Gonzalez, but then it's going to be up to Hamlin to come up and tackle a heck of a lot better than he's been doing so far this year.

Let's go Hamlin!

All this talk about the WR's this week and I think Jason Witten will lead the Cowboys in receptions when this game is over. He's been very good in using the underneath middle against Cover Two defenses.

Just give Romo a decent running game so the Backers are playing on their toes and let Witten go to work.

Smith22

Reaction score
Recap:

Our safeties must tackle better. Woody said ATL forces things to the 2nd level and our defense, especially the safeties, have to make tackles.

On offense, Woody said JWit will be the the key to getting ATL out of the cover 2. Also, Mike and Woody mentioned the 4 route (deep in) being a route that would work against the cover 2. Also, the better the boys run the ball, the more people ATL will have to commit to stopping our running game.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
parcells316;3027978 said:

My sentiments exactly.

If we're looking for big games out of Gentle Gerald and Pump Fake then we're probably barking up the wrong tree.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
8FOR!3;3027725 said:
*Cough* Play MICHAEL Hamlin!!! *Cough*

Remember what happened the last time the Cowboys trotted out a freshly drafted 5th round safety? And this one doesn't have as many reps as the last guy they put out on the field.

I'm not saying Michael is already bust or can't play, but the odds of him being an improvement on Ken or Sensabaugh are pretty low. Even if Ken is terrible and Sensabaugh apparently made of balsa wood.