Audo: T.O. keeps it real today - 11/25/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Terrell Owens is all about telling the truth, but I guess we know this already.

So then the following clip from his locker room interview today shouldn't at all shocking...

Terrell Owens keeps it real

I want to thank the 49ers for their defensive gameplan first of all.

Then I want to tell Jason Garrett to keep working on ways to get this guy the football because although he talks too much he is still a big part of what the Cowboys do on offense.

As for his getting bumped at the line. I still say he's lost some of his quickness, but not any of his top end speed or any of his strength. He will still put up huge numbers if they can get him in motion and if the offensive line gives Romo enough time to make some plays.

T.O. took a lot of time today to talk to a bunch of different people in the media, read here.

Here's an exchange between Owens and reporters regarding Garrett.

Are you and Garrett OK?
"I mean, I'm fine."

Is Garrett OK with you?
"I don't know. Ask him. I think the rapport is cool. I don't feel like there's any dissension or tension or anything in our relationship."

You didn't offend him by bashing his system?
"I haven't said anything. He hasn't said anything to me."

Can you see why he might be perturbed?
"I don't know you have to ask him because I know what y'all are trying to get from me. So, ask him."
This is a little annoying to me. Why can't he just say that it's all good. Now I know he isn't saying it's bad, but it seems like he is posturing a little as if to say that he's fine and he could care less if Jason Garrett isn't happy with his recent comment to Deion.

I just don't know if Garrett is going to be on board with keeping an aging WR around who is prone to talk out in the media when he's unhappy if he takes over as the head coach next season. And you just can't discount the idea that Roy Williams is the future in Dallas as the #1 WR at some point. Then you have to also take into account that there are plenty of other weapons on this offense who aren't always crying for the football. Throw in the fact that Jerry isn't afraid to go spend money in Free Agency and I can't see how you can guarantee me that Terrell Owens is a Dallas Cowboy beyond 2008.

Garrett will be looking to put his signature on this team when he gets the job and he is probably going to be thinking about keeping it for a long, long time so the last thing he wants is a guy on the roster who criticizes his performance. That's going to be an interesting scenario if it does play out that way next season.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, T.O.'s not going anywhere. If Garrett has any kind of sense, he'll find a way to work with him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Who does JJ have the most money in? TO or Garrett? That should tell you who is the most important at this time.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2443654 said:
Who does JJ have the most money in? TO or Garrett? That should tell you who is the most important at this time.

The actual answer to that question is Roy Williams.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2443602 said:
Terrell Owens is all about telling the truth, but I guess we know this already.

So then the following clip from his locker room interview today shouldn't at all shocking...

Terrell Owens keeps it real

I want to thank the 49ers for their defensive gameplan first of all.

Then I want to tell Jason Garrett to keep working on ways to get this guy the football because although he talks too much he is still a big part of what the Cowboys do on offense.

As for his getting bumped at the line. I still say he's lost some of his quickness, but not any of his top end speed or any of his strength. He will still put up huge numbers if they can get him in motion and if the offensive line gives Romo enough time to make some plays.

T.O. took a lot of time today to talk to a bunch of different people in the media, read here.

Here's an exchange between Owens and reporters regarding Garrett.

Are you and Garrett OK?
"I mean, I'm fine."

Is Garrett OK with you?
"I don't know. Ask him. I think the rapport is cool. I don't feel like there's any dissension or tension or anything in our relationship."

You didn't offend him by bashing his system?
"I haven't said anything. He hasn't said anything to me."

Can you see why he might be perturbed?
"I don't know you have to ask him because I know what y'all are trying to get from me. So, ask him."
This is a little annoying to me. Why can't he just say that it's all good. Now I know he isn't saying it's bad, but it seems like he is posturing a little as if to say that he's fine and he could care less if Jason Garrett isn't happy with his recent comment to Deion.

I just don't know if Garrett is going to be on board with keeping an aging WR around who is prone to talk out in the media when he's unhappy if he takes over as the head coach next season. And you just can't discount the idea that Roy Williams is the future in Dallas as the #1 WR at some point. Then you have to also take into account that there are plenty of other weapons on this offense who aren't always crying for the football. Throw in the fact that Jerry isn't afraid to go spend money in Free Agency and I can't see how you can guarantee me that Terrell Owens is a Dallas Cowboy beyond 2008.

Garrett will be looking to put his signature on this team when he gets the job and he is probably going to be thinking about keeping it for a long, long time so the last thing he wants is a guy on the roster who criticizes his performance. That's going to be an interesting scenario if it does play out that way next season.

I still say you're pulling that out of your rear end in an attempt to explain a statistical decline that you don't understand.

And by the way, none of Owens's big plays against the 49ers came after he went in motion.

Funny enough, I mentioned before the 49ers game that the reason Owens's numbers had declined was the simple fact that they'd stopped throwing to him deep (which is how he makes his living). Sure enough, they go deep to him against the 49ers and he has a huge performance.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2443774 said:
Funny enough, I mentioned before the 49ers game that the reason Owens's numbers had declined was the simple fact that they'd stopped throwing to him deep (which is how he makes his living). Sure enough, they go deep to him against the 49ers and he has a huge performance.

LOL. Here's your cookie Einstein.

826309~Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-on-White-Background-Posters.jpg

I wonder why they stopped throwing to him deep?

Maybe because Romo wasn't in the lineup and because the O-Line was playing like crap.

There are a few reasons he had a big game last Sunday. Romo, the O-Line, the Seahawks defensive gameplan and once again let's mention Romo.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2443740 said:
The actual answer to that question is Roy Williams.

Yep, Wade's replacement and Owens' replacement are already at Valley Ranch.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2443774 said:
I still say you're pulling that out of your rear end in an attempt to explain a statistical decline that you don't understand.

And by the way, none of Owens's big plays against the 49ers came after he went in motion.

Exactly. Decline blah blah blah.

Here is what you can expect from TO EVERY YEAR.

80+ catches
14 ypc avg
1000+ yards
TD's in the double digits

(This year, no Romo for 3 games and he will STILL get to double digit TD's, 60+ receptions and 1000 yards)

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2444813 said:

Maybe because Romo wasn't in the lineup and because the O-Line was playing like crap.

There are a few reasons he had a big game last Sunday. Romo, the O-Line, the Seahawks defensive gameplan and once again let's mention Romo.

:huh:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
T.O does look like He's losing a step getting off the line and playing against the Jam. Against Arizona he looking awfully slow.

I dont know I'm basing this off One Live game and just seing his routes on the others. He seems like Once He gets going He's really fast, but that first second step Are not what they used to be.

Just my opinion dont kill me for it.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2444813 said:

826309%7EChocolate-Chip-Cookie-on-White-Background-Posters.jpg

Did I ever say that WASN'T why they stopped going to him deep, genius?

By the way, I'm not sure why the Seahawks' defensive game plan had anything to do with Owens's game against the 49ers...but whatever you say.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2445182 said:
Did I ever say that WASN'T why they stopped going to him deep, genius?

By the way, I'm not sure why the Seahawks' defensive game plan had anything to do with Owens's game against the 49ers...but whatever you say.

You got me I had this weeks game on my mind, lol.