Austin Traylor? Why not pick him up?

SlimBig

Reaction score
Traylor played ok for us in the preseason and had a chance to make the 53 at the beginning of the season.
He was decent in catching and did well in blocking.

Since Swaim went down, sticking Pablo in there has slowed down our offense (along with playing better defenses). If Escobar is hurting our 12 package so much, why not pick up Traylor to replace him as the second TE in the set.

When Witten is getting a breather, Pablo can move to the one in the 12 package and give him a chance to possibly go out and catch passes.

erod

Reaction score
I thought they'd pick Traylor up, too. He was pretty impressive in preseason, and he's more of a blocker than what Dallas has now.

LOL, at Pablo.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I thought they'd pick Traylor up, too. He was pretty impressive in preseason, and he's more of a blocker than what Dallas has now.

LOL, at Pablo.
I dont think people realize, Swaim was a very good blocker. He was also very good in the screen game. He was a bigtime loss for us, as was Hanna.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I could see that being a good pickup. Don't see the need to draft another TE in high rounds next year with Swaim and Hanna coming back.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Traylor played ok for us in the preseason and had a chance to make the 53 at the beginning of the season.
He was decent in catching and did well in blocking.

Since Swaim went down, sticking Pablo in there has slowed down our offense (along with playing better defenses). If Escobar is hurting our 12 package so much, why not pick up Traylor to replace him as the second TE in the set.

When Witten is getting a breather, Pablo can move to the one in the 12 package and give him a chance to possibly go out and catch passes.
They value know-how over raw ability at the 2nd TE position

It's a complicated position mentally because they do many different functions.

Traylor was physically very good at inline blocking during the preseason but struggled with assignments especially the non-inline assignments.