Austin?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Im wondering if Johnson has better timing with Austin....dont they work alot more together being the back ups.....since Romo was throwing to T.O. and Crayton in practice and RW11 just got here...im thinking maybe they should get Miles on the field more while BJ is out there...Johnson had a few nice passes to Austin in the Denver pre season game.......if he can give em a few of those that would be nice Austin made a nice catch on a 37-yard pass down the sideline and then a fade into the end zone for a touchdown ( right before Austin got hurt)............

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should have some kind of rapport, but I don't think Brad has completed a pass to Austin yet. This would be a nice game for Austin to re-emerge. Garrett needs to devise some short yardage plays to TO, RW, Crayton and Austin. You can win with the dink and dunk if you execute.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2384146 said:
They should have some kind of rapport, but I don't think Wade has completed a pass to Austin yet. This would be a nice game for Austin to re-emerge. Garrett needs to devise some short yardage plays to TO, RW, Crayton and Austin. You can win with the dink and dunk if you execute.

?.............

Jake0

Reaction score
Well Austin was the one waving his hands in the air wide open down field and chuckling up a storm on the sidelines because of how wide open he was. I think their styles just don't mesh, they weren't meant for each other.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jake0;2384228 said:
Well Austin was the one waving his hands in the air wide open down field and chuckling up a storm on the sidelines because of how wide open he was. I think their styles just don't mesh, they weren't meant for each other.
I wonder what was more funny to Austin, the fact that he was so wide open or the fact that Brad can't throw worth a darn?:)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Roy Williams #11 has killed all chemistry. Will take months to next year and Romo out further exacerbates........

Brad Johnson needs to be cut and lets move on.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It would be nice to move Austin around and let Brad hit him on some short stuff. Little short drags, slants, etc. and let Austin use his speed after the catch to rack up some yardage that way.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I say send Austin deep........and see what happens.

That is a great idea.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2384342 said:
It would be nice to move Austin around and let Brad hit him on some short stuff. Little short drags, slants, etc. and let Austin use his speed after the catch to rack up some yardage that way.

When he catches the ball and has daylight he explodes into stride.

He is so quick and so fast. He should be eating teams up on underneath routes.

odog422

Reaction score
CATCH17;2384621 said:

Pass that on to Garrett...

Reaction score
CATCH17;2384621 said:

TO,Roy ,or Crayton should be running those routes...

You dont have 94 million dollars invested in those three and throw the rock to a UDFA making 365k a year....

Rudy

Reaction score
Nors;2384248 said:
Roy Williams #11 has killed all chemistry. Will take months to next year and Romo out further exacerbates........

I read your posts every day, and every day I feel a little dumber afterward.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Rudy;2385196 said:

I have him on my ignore list. I wish there was a way to put the quotes on ignore too.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2385124 said:
TO,Roy ,or Crayton should be running those routes...

You dont have 94 million dollars invested in those three and throw the rock to a UDFA making 365k a year....

Austin will get lost in the offense more than Roy or Owens.

As far as Crayton goes I think its just a matter of time before Austin takes his job permanently.

That isn't a knock against Crayton either. Austin has boat loads of talent.

Reaction score
CATCH17;2385256 said:
Austin will get lost in the offense more than Roy or Owens.

As far as Crayton goes I think its just a matter of time before Austin takes his job permanently.

That isn't a knock against Crayton either. Austin has boat loads of talent.

I hope so... Crayton is most overpaid WR in the league... right behind Drew Bennett.

4.6 WR shouldnt be getting paid like #2's. Austin is way more talented and he hasnt plateau'd like Crayton either.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Nors;2384248 said:

This has to be one of the dumbest things you've ever said which is saying a hell of a lot.

Rudy;2385196 said:

Nah. There's an immunity filter in the new server.

McCordsville Cowboy;2385267 said:
I hope so... Crayton is most overpaid WR in the league... right behind Drew Bennett.

4.6 WR shouldnt be getting paid like #2's. Austin is way more talented and he hasnt plateau'd like Crayton either.

Not sure about the most overpaid but I agree Austin is more talented.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happened to TO catching a short pass, then running after the catch? I'm not talking about those disgusting laterals that net zero yards, but something in the 9 to 10 yard range. Surely Brad can complete those.:mad: