Available practice squad players?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Since we lost out on Leonard and free agency doesn't offer much, here are the LBers on each team's practice squad. ( also a mini top 10 ranking ) I don't recognize any of the names except maybe a couple. Likely no help here either but just covering all bases.

NFL Week 13 Practice Squad Power Rankings: Paying respect to Joe Flacco and other veteran players​

Let's rank the best players currently on practice squads in the NFL​

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...pect-to-joe-flacco-and-other-veteran-players/

NFL practice squad tracker: Team-by-team roster signings ahead of 2023 season​

Published: Aug 30, 2023 at 12:27 PMUpdated: Sep 04, 2023 at 12:45 PM

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-practi...-by-team-roster-signings-ahead-of-2023-season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a list of all the teams practice squad players, I thought it was as stated in the post LB's

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we poach a LB(s) from a teams PS. I believe the rule is you sign them to your 53 man roster for a minimum of 4 weeks.
Can we afford to dump a player for 4 weeks, without the risk of losing them to waivers. before we can bring them back to the PS, then the roster. Or even at that, be sure they can help and be that guy, in the playoffs.
McClay better have done some homework to get it right if they go that direction.

We ourselves as well as other teams are subject to get our PS poached as well. Teams in the bottom, as they are eliminated from the playoffs will be looking to improve their rosters for 2024. Therefore will be looking for possibilities to churn their roster.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If we poach a LB(s) from a teams PS. I believe the rule is you sign them to your 53 man roster for a minimum of 4 weeks.
Can we afford to dump a player for 4 weeks, without the risk of losing them to waivers. before we can bring them back to the PS, then the roster. Or even at that, be sure they can help and be that guy, in the playoffs.
McClay better have done some homework to get it right if they go that direction.

We ourselves as well as other teams are subject to get our PS poached as well. Teams in the bottom, as they are eliminated from the playoffs will be looking to improve their rosters for 2024. Therefore will be looking for possibilities to churn their roster.
Thanks J
I admit I have no idea how the PS rules work.......

817Gill

Reaction score
We really think PS linebackers are better than Rashaan Evans? He’s an elite run defender just sucks in coverage that’s why he can’t keep a job in the modern NFL.

If you’re looking for that type of LB (which is extinct in today’s NFL) he’s already here.

Problem with many is a lot of y’all don’t keep up with the trends of the modern NFL. LB’s need to be able to cover TE’s and backs as well as play the run.

This is extremely rare to find in one player which is why the importance of LB’s has decreased and there’s been a rise in the popularity of the “star” position which Kearse plays. This position is where those bigger bodied in the box Safeties play. It’s simply the evolution of football.

There’s about 10 of the LB’s in the league that can do both and go sideline to sideline. They are extremely rare. Fred Warner and Shaq Leonard pre-injury were those type guys. LVE his rookie year was one of those guys.

Unfortunately the niners have 2/3 of those 10ish guys which sucks. But if y’all think this linebacker thing is an easy fix go and look at 23-24 teams and see if you find the dominant LB you guys are imagining. It’s just one of those positions that has aged poorly in the modern NFL and guys like Quinn are on the cutting edge of using box safeties as the solution.

There just aren’t enough athletes that are 6’2-6’3 240-250 that run and cover. We have to accept that it’s a league wide issue and not just us.

Parsons is that type of athlete, but he’s so valuable as a pass rusher we can’t place him at LB consistently. Once y’all go find another unicorn his size running 4.4/4.5 with instincts please let me know lol.