Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Andre Woodson-giants
Casey Bramlet- Ravens
Drew Henson- Lions
Josh Betts- Indy
Paul Smith- Jax
Darrell Hackney- Denver

Ewwwwwww! Talk about slim pickins. I'd take a look at Smith from Jax. He was a pretty good QB for Tulsa considering how terrible they were. I'd also look at Betts from Indy. He played for Miami-Ohio and was considered a pretty smart player but only started his senior year I think.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I would take Henson back before I let either of these guys take another snap. Yeah, they are that bad

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Henson might be good without parcells around. The exact opposite of romo.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Why not just move Stankback back to qb his natrual posistion & develop him? He's obviously not going to be nothing at wr.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Thats what is available???

How bout we just forfeit our games until Romo comes back, at least we can spare getting embarrassed on national TV every week.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
MrMom;2394865 said:
I'd take a look at Woodson.

He was let go by the Giants and passed through waivers twice before being resigned by NY. That should say all you need to know about his potential.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Forget about another QB at this point in the season.

Count on Dallas using a second day draft pick on a QB who can actually read defenses. I still say the best backup QB to have unless it's another guy who's won games as a starter and still has youth on his side, is a young QB who can run...a mobile QB who can get away from the rush and get some first downs with his legs is a great guy to come in off the bench.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Garrett should run his own offense, maybe he'd be smarter about play calling if behind center.

May I suggest

Wade Wilson
Rodney Peete
Bernie Kosar
Steve Beurlein

Oh wait...those were Dallas' backups during their Super Bowl years, my bad.

Hailmary

Reaction score
wayne motley;2395001 said:
Forget about another QB at this point in the season.

Count on Dallas using a second day draft pick on a QB who can actually read defenses. I still say the best backup QB to have unless it's another guy who's won games as a starter and still has youth on his side, is a young QB who can run...a mobile QB who can get away from the rush and get some first downs with his legs is a great guy to come in off the bench.

Such a QB should be available next year in free agency. JP Losman will be a UFA in '09 and he has starting experience. I'm sure we'll spend a second day pick on a QB, but I'd be hesitant to let a rookie be our #2.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
CATCH17;2395108 said:
Off that list...

Paul Smith easily.

I say we get him now and lose Johnson yesterday. From what I remember about Smith, he was pretty accurate and able to make plays.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2394927 said:
Thats what is available???

How bout we just forfeit our games until Romo comes back, at least we can spare getting embarrassed on national TV every week.

We don't have any more games until Romo comes back. He'll be back for Wash after the bye.