Back from the game...

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Well after 71/2 hours on the plane last night with stops in San Antonio, Vegas, and onto Portland Oregon I finally made it home after midnight. I'm at work hardly able to function, but thank goodness to some Dr. Pepper I'm awake.

Some pre-game and game highlights:
~ Was there two hours before game to soak in my last hurrah at Cowboys stadium. It was fun watching the players warm up...some of them are characters. Stanback danced half the time, and Bennett was out there almost a full hour and a half getting ready, warming up and catching passes. Keith Davis came over to say hi to a high school friend I was standing next too...he seems cool.
~ The first quarter was torture...the atmosphere was completely dead until Romo hit TO for the TD. We had some excitement when we stopped them twice for field goals, but it was driving me insane how lethargic everything was.
~ Pass to TO for TD...the place exploded and we were off and running...never to turn back. I feel like something big has to happen before the team wakes up, but so glad they did.
~ TO was an animal last night...we all knew that.
~ Scandrick...this kid has a future. He gets fired up to play and he is so fast it's scary. We got an absolute steal in the draft...he will be a future starter for many years. He was like a blanket on whoever he covered all night...impressive kid.
~ Spencer...he needs to play every play. He is to good to take off the field, what are we thinking. Ellis was ok, but Spencer is the man that should be playing all the time, espcially pass rush downs.
~ Witten hit...WOW. The place went dead quiet. That was a scary moment. The concern everywhere was apparent, we were in shock until he got up. Then what does he do...back in the game a few plays later. Now I know why I have a Witten jersey...he is tough as nails!
~ It looks like the team is starting to jell better and better. When we are on...it looks like nobody can play with us, and when we are lethargic it's nuts. Almost like a switch you can turn on and off.
~ I was happy to pay my last respects to the stadium...I've been to six games now and each one has been an awesome experience! As sad as I am to never see a game there again, I can't wait to watch one in the new stadium.
~ I did not know Kosier got hurt...that will be a huge loss. The oline looked really good again. Romo had all day on most plays.
~ The dline is picking it up...all over Hill the whole game. It looked like we were blitzing a lot after that first quarter to make him make quick decisions and it payed off.

That covers the highlights...so fun!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Great post. Hope you had a blast. Did Luke make it to the game?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Hostile;2440845 said:
Great post. Hope you had a blast. Did Luke make it to the game?

He did not go...only the big boys went. I'm going to work on getting him and Zach to a game next year. I wanted to so bad though.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I was going to make a thread about Spencer... Without looking at a play chart, it *seemed* like he was out there much more than Ellis this game. As in, the widest discrepancy in Spencer's favor since they've both been healthy.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2440860 said:
I was going to make a thread about Spencer... Without looking at a play chart, it *seemed* like he was out there much more than Ellis this game. As in, the widest discrepancy in Spencer's favor since they've both been healthy.

I think you're right...it felt like he was out there more, but I did notice on many 3rd downs he was headed to the sideline...that's when I'd like to see him out there the most. He's ready for full time.