My call on Anthony Davis wins!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3201656 said:
:( I knew this was coming

I still think hes a 3rd-4th rounder though

My call on Anthony Davis wins!
He wasn't even a 7th rounder when I started watching him. He was not in the top 25 on any WR board I looked at.

That is an amazing season by any standards.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think this board should have a draft site poll.

I like draftcountdown but its just one guy and not updated enough.

Wanna throw one up?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Article on him from nfldraftdog.com.

For some reason up here in the Northwest, I am able to catch a few Missouri games on cable before my Washington Huskies play their afternoon games. No player has excited me more this year than WR Danario Alexander.

At 6'5” 210lbs, his size alone is enough to make NFL teams drool, but he also brings incredible speed to the table as well. His speed is the sneaky Randy Moss kind, a long strider that is faster than he looks.

So far this year (11 Games) Alexander has 92 Receptions, 1411yds, and 12TD...thats 128yds per game folks! In his first three years at Missouri, Alexander had a combined for a total of 78 catches, 997yds and 8TD. I assume thats the definition of a breakout year.

Alexander is a QB's dream receiver too. With his ability to go up and get balls that no other receiver can catch, he can bail out a passer that is under pressure, or in the red-zone catch TD passes that a cornerback can't even get close to.

Admittedly the Missouri Tigers struggled as a team against the better opponents this year, such as Texas and Nebraska, and as a result Alexander didn't have great games against those guys. His best game of the year came a few weeks ago against the Kansas State Wildcats, racking up 10 catches for 200yds and 3 TD. Anyone who watched that game could not help but realize that this was a man amongst boys out on the football field. Twice Danario has gone over 200yds in a game (Baylor- 214, Kansas State- 200), and 7 games over 100yds.

There are going to be some really good receivers taken out of this years Draft. Mardy Gilyard- Cincinnati, Jordan Shipley-Texas, Dezmon Briscoe (Jr.)-Kansas, Dez Bryant (Jr.)- Oklahoma State, etc, are all polished, very skilled wide outs that any team would love to add. One of the reasons that some of the other receivers might get taken before Alexander is because of their ability to be utilized in the kick return, or punt return game.

When the Draft is over and done with, I think it might be found that WR Danario Alexander is the best player at the Wide Receiver position to come out of the 2010 Draft Class. I foresee him going in the middle to late first round, simply because of the depth on defense at the top of this years Draft. Watch this kid in the skill assessment bowls after the regular season ends and you will see why I am so high on him. If he slips past the 1st Round, I will immediately put Alexander in my steals of the Draft list.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Yeah, I like Alexander as well. He's a physical player. he doesn't have real good speed, but his long stride bails him out of that. He and Riley Cooper have been on my draft watch for most of the year. I still have Cooper rated a little higher, but would take either one.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Living in big 12 country I had a chance to see this kid a couple of times this season and was impressed. I was surprised a little because I had honestly never heard of him before. Hopefully he will get an invite to the combine next month.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3201691 said:
golden tate >>> what's his face

That may be true, but what's his face could provide good value since he can be had in the lower rounds. More than likely Tate will be a 1st or 2nd round pick. He reminds me of Marques Colston who didn't go until the 7th round.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss;3202101 said:
That may be true, but what's his face could provide good value since he can be had in the lower rounds. More than likely Tate will be a 1st or 2nd round pick. He reminds me of Marques Colston who didn't go until the 7th round.
That is exactly who he reminds me of, and exactly why I didn't bother to respond about Golden Tate. I disagree with the article I posted about him going mid to late 1st. Unless he pops eyes at the Combine, I don't think he will. From that first game where I saw this kid play he just kept on racking it up. I like that.

RS12

Reaction score
Scary stat about this guy. Three surgeries on the same knee already, I think the left. That alone prolly makes him drop even if he combines and All Star games well.