Back up QB position overlooked by Cowboys Coaches and Upper Management

T-NMan-41

Reaction score
:starspin
In Life you always have to have a back up plan ,and I am sorry to say Our beloved Dallas Cowboys Blew it. It started with pre-season and Brad Johnson stunk it up. Everybody said its only P season don't worry about it. Well the situation warrants us to worry about it. Had we really analyzed out offensive game plan we would clearly see that we win by a deep vertical aerial assault, then as the secondary plays deeper we gash them with 8-15 yard runs. It is mind boggling to me that we would go into the season with B Johnson as our back up who can barely throw the ball 10-25 yds. We had the chance to get Byron Leftwich, we could have had Joey Harrington. But the guy we really slept on was Kurt Warner, If we had any of these guys as our back up we would not be in this mess. The Dallas Staff assumed that T Romo was as indestructable as Superman. They were wrong the krptyonite was a missed block or protection that ended in a broken pinkie. Romo may be back on Sunday ,but we are only a bad play or missed assignment away from Capt Checkdown . Mr Jerry Jones I implore you to make it a priority to put Kurt Warner as the back up to Tony Romo. Dallas fans would love to see him with that star on his helmet....................... You heard it from me.........

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
They wanted a holder much more than they wanted a backup QB.

They didn't expect Romo to get injured.

Garrett was good friends with Brad so they figured why not.