Backround?

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Ok I didn't want to ask this question in public, but my searches through other means of knowledge didn't provide an answer. I am embarassed to say I dont know how to use Photoshop , PERIOD. I would like to start with the basics. How do I put a backround (Such as the one Juke put in my sig), behind a photo?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hi ya...I just went through my PMs.

Embarrassed? What you think we were all born back here in the Image dungeon with an indepth knowledge of Photoshop?

:)

OK...so open the picture that you want to use as the background...

Then open the Dawgs picture...go to "select"..."all"...

Then click on the first picture, the background...go to "image"..."paste"

You can move it around by using the pointer tool with is the first tool in the right hand column of your tools. If the tools aren't showing, go to "window" and click on "Tools" so there's a check mark next to it.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Haha, well so you dont make the backrounds yourself? I thought you made the backrounds, like blend stuff into them I mean?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
Haha, well so you dont make the backrounds yourself? I thought you made the backrounds, like blend stuff into them I mean?

Yeah...I make all my backgrounds...but you didn't ask how to make backgrounds...you asked how to drop a picture into one..

Making a background is a whole different story...

That's a longer tutorial. :D

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
lol yeah, thats what I want to learn man is how to blend stuff, and make Emmitt Smith look like hes coming out of the genies bottle, lol, but yeah how do you make the backrounds? and please make the terms as dumbed down as possible cause remember i know nothing lol

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
lol yeah, thats what I want to learn man is how to blend stuff, and make Emmitt Smith look like hes coming out of the genies bottle, lol, but yeah how do you make the backrounds? and please make the terms as dumbed down as possible cause remember i know nothing lol

It's all trial and error...just mess around with stuff...

Start by doing a solid background...then go to the filters and play with different filters..some won't do anything on a solid background, some will...

You can always use the gradient tool as well...

The other thing you can try is to do a google seach...How to make backgrounds in Photoshop...I'm sure there will be info for ya..

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
hmm everytime I click on that it says site doesnt exist? I would definetely like to find a tutorial that would SHOW me how to do stuff that would be much better. but they dont cost do they? if someone can give me a link to a good free tutorial for photoshop id appreciate it.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
yes good tutorials is a very good site to learn from. A backround though as Juke stated is a little tricky,from the sense that it can make or break your work,being creative and trying things help. So here is a simple tut I did to maybe help get started

1. open a new document and make it 500x375 make the backround white.
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v520/1wildride/czpscopy.jpg

2.double click on the gradient tool, and put it on reflection, it has a box around it at the top. Make sure you have a dark color picked as the foreground,you will see I have blue. Take the cross hair and pull it from the top to the middle and you will get this.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v520/1wildride/cz1.jpg

3.Now go to filters and a menu will pull down. Click on texture/brick and use these settings.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v520/1wildride/cz2.jpg

4.now open a new layer and use a pic you want. I used a star from Juke :D
I go to select and click all,now the whole image will have dancing lines. Next go to edit copy,now click back on the backround,go back to edit and hit paste. Now your image will be in the backround.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v520/1wildride/cz3.jpg

this is just one easy example that took me longer to type this out then actually doing it :p: :D Hope this helps Sorry a little big BP :)

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
jacs said:
look at dh doing tuts :toast:
yeah that is funny HuH! actually it was you who taught me the print screen button touch,so I could show PS screens :thankyou: