Backup quarterback Kellen Moore

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Possibilities. I mean he’s better than Cooper Rush right. I just don’t know if it’s allowable. I mean he was supposed to be the starter after Tony , Or is it just a ridiculous thought. It just popped into my head. Lol

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Possibilities. I mean he’s better than Cooper Rush right. I just don’t know if it’s allowable. I mean he was supposed to be the starter after Tony , Or is it just a ridiculous thought. It just popped into my head. Lol

I personally would be all for this even if it resulted in a loss. I would love nothing more than our OC putting on the helmet and pads and getting out there. He certainly would not be in football shape but realistically I think he could put up a stat line similar to Cooper Rush.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

He's capable of doing it, but his salary is not paid out of the salary cap for players. It's separate. That alone would probably make it illegal, and there's probably some other rule against it anyway.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the idea was thrown around in Denver last year because all their QBs were dealing with COVID protocols and one of their coaches was a QB once and idea was for him to play. It wasn't allowed. I'm going by memory so some things might not be exact.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It's a silly thought and will never happen, but if you follow collage this actually did play out when assistant coach Zeb Noland started for South Carolina this year.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well that’s the answer. Coaches are not allowed to play. I don’t know why. This has been moved to a different form. Thank you

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan