Bad News folks - The Eagles are targeting Derrick Mason

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
A close buddy of mine who also happens to be a Eagles fan stated that there are some rumours/speculations etc. that the Eagles are looking into acquring Mason to play opposite Terrel Owens.

Now thats scary folks!!!!

tnfan

Reaction score
Well, when the Titans released him he said on the radio he had 4-5 good years left in him, and also said he wants to go somewhere that has a chance to win a championship now, not in 2,3,4 years but now. And also said he wants to play on grass not turf.

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
Charles said:
A close buddy of mine who also happens to be a Eagles fan stated that there are some rumours/speculations etc. that the Eagles are looking into acquring Mason to play opposite Terrel Owens.

Now thats scary folks!!!!

Big deal who are they gonna get to run the ball? Alexander is tagged and
the E-Girls have no viable threat at the running game so why worry bout
them?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TexasCowboy said:
them?

Uh....Maybe Draft a Running Back?

They got a guy in there that is electric as a part time runner and great out ofthe back field in the passing game.....they just need another guy to be a decent part time runner and that position is shored up.

I hate the eagles, but let's be realistic, they get another good WR and just a decent RB to help Westbrook and that is another step in the right direction for them.

Now...that does not mean that McNabb won't choke again when it counts but let's not discount the effect that a good WR and even a decent RB via Draft can have on that offense.

Oh...BTW...T.O. played, and played well in the Superbowl...I think you can lose the sig line pic now.

Reaction score
I don't know if there are enough balls to go around if they bring Mason in. He's generally been a quiet guy, but he knows he's no #2 receiver.

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
I'm really worried that the Eagles are going to be a considerably better football team next year.

That sucks.:banghead:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
%#$*#$*# Eagles! :iggles:

Folks, this is why this is bad: Mason has publicly stated that he only wants to sign with a contender. Philly is about as close as you'll get in the NFC to a Super Bowl rep. Those Philly bastids are going to sign him! :mad:

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
I'd be VERY surprised if the Eagles got him. A starting WR isn't very high on their need list.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I see this happening.....He's getting to the age where he's either looking for the ring or the money. Because I think he made it to the SB with the titans a few back he'll probably go to the Eagles to win it.......

AJM1613

Reaction score
TexasCowboy said:
them?

The runningbacks are fine (assuming we re-sign Buckhalter), it's the interior offensive line that's a problem against 3-4 defenses. Hank is a tiny fat man and can't handle the bigger nose tackles by himself.

Now a defensive end or a weakside linebacker would be nice.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I see this happening.....He's getting to the age where he's either looking for the ring or the money. Because I think he made it to the SB with the titans a few back he'll probably go to the Eagles to win it.......

I think Mason will be headed to the Ravens.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
TexasCowboy said:
them?

You are right. That Westbrook guy sucks. :rolleyes:

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Man you can't stop the opposition from doing what they will do. We need to learn to just worry about what we are doing and getting our team the best it can be, as soon as possible.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
If you think Mason in Philly would be scary, chew on this for awhile!

"The Eagles have made their first move of the 2005 free agency by agreeing to terms on a two-year contract with Correll Buckhalter."

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
If you think Mason in Philly would be scary, chew on this for awhile!

"The Eagles have made their first move of the 2005 free agency by agreeing to terms on a two-year contract with Correll Buckhalter."

I'm supposed to be scared of a guy who has missed 34 of a possible 64 games early in his NFL career??

Maybe if he gets up to actually playing in half of his team's games... LOL...

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
silverbear said:
I'm supposed to be scared of a guy who has missed 34 of a possible 64 games early in his NFL career??

Maybe if he gets up to actually playing in half of his team's games... LOL...
The latest on the street is that they are targeting Trotter as well.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Eagle RBs are solid with Westbrook; Buckhalter did re-sign; along with Trotter, and Douglas. Is Mason really being considered?