Bad "no" calls

Matt

Reaction score
Bad night for refs on this one...

That Julius Jones hit deserved an ejection..

And I don't see how the Witten Helmet thing didn't get flagged.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Matt;1745984 said:

A cheap shot Bill Bilichik would be proud of

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
fines might be handed out...and suspensions might come..but that just gives the Commanders a better chance to beat the Eagles...that does nothing for us. I thought about something....when the Pats are rolling people, no one takes these types of cheap shots at them...and here is why. The NFC East is not a rival game for the Pats. So the Cowboys or the Commanders have no animosity against them to the point were we would cheap shot them. We could not run up the score on NFC East rivals because of the exact thing you started seeing last night...AND on top of that...the REFS ALLOWED IT!!!!!! We could have lost players for the season around with those lousy losers. I am really starting to get sick of it. Lasty year Gurode had his helmet removed AND then his face dismembered because he was kicking the oppositions butt. Since when did the NFL think it was ok to with us. Roy or someone on our defense better start doing a better job of letting teams know that they will feel pain if they continue to take shots at our defenseless offensive players

aikemirv

Reaction score
All I know is that if Roy Williams had either of those hits his pocket book would be at least 25K lighter. Those were blatent and unexcusable!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think the refs did a bad job in this game. Was it perfect no but it was not a game dictated by flags.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1746231 said:
I don't think the refs did a bad job in this game. Was it perfect no but it was not a game dictated by flags.

I agree. There were two personal foul face mask calls made, one for each team that probably should have been only 5 yarders.

I did see McBriar get hit again with no call.

Kilyin

Reaction score
It was nice to see Colombo going ballistic after that cheapshot on JJ. That's the kind of reaction you like to see.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;1746242 said:
I agree. There were two personal foul face mask calls made, one for each team that probably should have been only 5 yarders.

I agree and as I said it was not perfect I have yet to see any game where I felt the refs were perfect but for the most part they let the teams play

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Don't forget that PI that wasn't called when Witten's arm was held. That was on 3rd down and it forced us to punt.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The refs did a decent job...there were the typical blown calls (Two penalties not called against Witten, Hamlin getting flagged for nothing) but I find it really hard to complain when your team just smoked there rivals in there house!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1746231 said:
Matt's right. The guy who speared Jones should have been ejected. He tried to strip Jones of the ball immediately after he speared Jones. That's enough to tell me he was "trying to create a turnover". The only problem was that the play had been over for two seconds in everybody's eyes except his. He aimed his helmet specifically at Jones' head to make him release his grip on the ball. Jones was lying on the ground well after the play was over. Assault and battery in my book.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;1746263 said:
Matt's right. The guy who speared Jones should have been ejected. He tried to strip Jones of the ball immediately after he speared Jones. That's enough to tell me he was "trying to create a turnover". The only problem was that the play had been over for two seconds in everybody's eyes except his. He aimed his helmet specifically at Jones' head to make him release his grip on the ball. Jones was lying on the ground well after the play was over. Assault and battery in my book.

It was called and 15 yards was handed down. Should he have been ejected? maybe so but he wasn't and frankly I did not expect that he would be.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
joseephuss;1746242 said:
Is it just me or does it seem like McBriar NEVER gets any running into and/or roughing the kicker calls against him?! Maybe he needs acting classes :laugh2: !!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1746274 said:
It was called and 15 yards was handed down. Should he have been ejected? maybe so but he wasn't and frankly I did not expect that he would be.
We disagree, but hopefully the league will levy a large enough fine to pull something remotely meaningful out of that very cheap shot, because 15 yards was very insulting to say the least.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;1746302 said:
We disagree, but hopefully the league will levy a large enough fine to pull something remotely meaningful out of that very cheap shot, because 15 yards was very insulting to say the least.

I expect the league will hand down a big fine for it. 15 yards was handed down on the play and I loved how Colombo came to the defense of Jones. I was not upset that the player was not tossed.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Matt;1745984 said:

It was a cheap shot and the guy got flagged for it -- but honestly it looks worse in slow motion than in real time - in slowmo it looks like he came in very late, when in real time you see he was late but that he didn't go out of his way to hit late. There will be a fine and that should be the end of it.

I didn't see much of a problem with the Witten play

Iago33

Reaction score
McBriar needs to stop falling over when the wind blows and maybe he'll start getting a call or two. If he hadn't dived yesterday, I think the guy would have actually hit him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Matt;1745984 said:

I agree on Julius... it was like "you hold him, I'll hit him" - was a bad hit. Should have been ejected. Maybe suspension coming.

When Witten got hit by first defender he seemed to start to bend down a little as he broke away... prob saw other defender coming... then as defender tried to wrap him up... he head was now where is shoulder was.. my point... it didnt look at that intentional