Twitter: Baldy Breakdown: Zeke is a transformed back; he and Pollard are great 1-2 punch

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Ah, I live in south Jersey so one of my favorite things is to listen to Philly Sports radio the day after the Eagles get beat by the Cowboys. They say laughter is good for one's health.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I’d keep the same gameplan, zeke starts and pollard on 3rd. That’ll keep pollard fresh for the playoffs. I think if you flip those, you’d end up with pollard hurt and 4ypc zeke. Don’t change a thing but bring in the 3rd back because you dont want zeke taking all those hits. Zeke is no goal line back either he’s running between the tackles and he’s not pushing the pile. I love zeke at fb and pollard at TB, I think they win with that formation but save that for the playoffs.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wonder if some will admit that the "Zeke isn't in the shape he needs to be" people from prior years were actually right...

movaughn88

Reaction score
Zeke was running like a tank last night. He played well. But it was a balanced game plan that helped the running game, and vice versa.

I think he plays an invaluable role and creates opps for Pollard. The guy is just an anvil running downhill if he can get 1-2 steps going forward. So much weight behind his pads. How many DB's has he taken out of the game during his career? I'm not glorifying that, but I can guarantee any defender under 240 must hate squaring up Zeke at the end of his runs. He's rarely hurt and is one of the best pass pro backs in the league.

The contract is water under the bridge, and I agree he's not worth $14m a year. But if he stays in this sort of shape I wonder if the Cowboys try to re-work his deal to keep him around beyond next year. I hope he realizes it's in his own best interest as well to play for under $10m beyond 2022.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Wonder if some will admit that the "Zeke isn't in the shape he needs to be" people from prior years were actually right...

If people cannot understand that resolving to play at a different weight and emphasizing speed and quickness has nothing to do with "in shape" then there is really nothing to discuss. Zeke's conditioning was fine.. He did what he was asked to do.. put on 10 pounds and get prepared to carry the ball 25 times a game between the tackles.. Now Moore's offense is asking him to do something different.. so he's doing it. That doesn't make people who didn't like him at the heavier weight right.. It just makes him wrong for this offense at that weight.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke was running like a tank last night. He played well. But it was a balanced game plan that helped the running game, and vice versa.
He is still limited. One cut back that can basically run straight. Several times he missed the hole or doesn’t follow his blocking.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If people cannot understand that resolving to play at a different weight and emphasizing speed and quickness has nothing to do with "in shape" then there is really nothing to discuss. Zeke's conditioning was fine.. He did what he was asked to do.. put on 10 pounds and get prepared to carry the ball 25 times a game between the tackles.. Now Moore's offense is asking him to do something different.. so he's doing it. That doesn't make people who didn't like him at the heavier weight right.. It just makes him wrong for this offense at that weight.
What a total crock. Making up bs to prop up your drunken fat hero.

never ceases to admit how blind you are. Zeke finally gets in shape and makes the off-season effort. “Down to his college playing weight”. And looks quicker because of it. You are completely useless for any rational zeke talk. Total homer proven dead wrong and not man enough to admit it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Did Pollard even get many snaps in the 2nd half? Seemed like they went all Zeke at that point.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Did Pollard even get many snaps in the 2nd half? Seemed like they went all Zeke at that point.

Well remember that the pick 6 caused the offense to lose a possession. There just were not as many snaps for the offense in the second half. I think Pollard was in but we had a couple of drives where the zebras were going nuts and kept us in third and forever so on the one drive where Pollard was the main back we didn't run it that much.

OldJarhead

Reaction score

never ceases to admit how blind you are. Zeke finally gets in shape and makes the off-season effort. “Down to his college playing weight”. And looks quicker because of it. You are completely useless for any rational zeke talk. Total homer proven dead wrong and not man enough to admit it.

Wow, this is coming from a jack wad who thinks Dak is the = Roger+Troy+Tony so I really don't think @Ronnie has too much to be worried about when you are calling him out for being a homer and all.

lol, this coming from a person who thinks Dak = Roger + Troy. Probably never saw Capt America play did ya? Got no clue what a real QB looks like. It's ok kid. I know it hurts to know down deep that #21 should have been Rookie of the Year. That he really carried this team that season. It's okay son. Let it out. It's gonna be allllllllllllll right. Let all that hatred go, it will only hurt you in the long run. Just let it go.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Right. I think Elliott thought he needed to be bigger because of the physical style he plays, but didn't realize that it was going to sap his quickness. I think his resolve this year was to get some quickness back, and the expectations of the role he's playing could have had a lot to do with it

Not sure it was the coaches who told him to gain or lose weight, but there are plenty of backs who entered the league and then put on weight in order to take and deliver the pounding.