Barber and Jones - Suggestion!

thescarface1989

Reaction score
Wouldnt it be better if Barber started games instead, so the opposing defense would wear down quickly? Then the holes would be opening more often and thats were Julius comes in. We all know julius needs huge gaps to run through anyway, the defense would be too tired to stop him.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
thescarface1989;1238983 said:
Wouldnt it be better if Barber started games instead, so the opposing defense would wear down quickly? Then the holes would be opening more often and thats were Julius comes in. We all know julius needs huge gaps to run through anyway, the defense would be too tired to stop him.

Well...I am still waiting on the o-line to open holes up at ANY point in the game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
This is such a good idea I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before. ;)

thescarface1989

Reaction score
theogt;1238997 said:
This is such a good idea I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before. ;)

I been thinking of this all year, and wondering if anyone else had been thinking this.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
It makes sense.

Julius certainly isn't the sort of back that "wears down" the defense for Barber. You'd think it would work better in reverse.

With that said, the thing that makes Barber so great is his ability to finish. I mean, he's the "finisher" as fans call him -- for his short yardage, goal line and second-half abilities.

I almost think Parcells feels that starting Julius is the only way to keep him involved in this offense. Otherwise, what role does he have?

nathanlt

Reaction score
I've thought about this, and starting with Julius does lull the defense into thinking they their current dedication to stopping the run is adequate, they can sit back on their heels and defend the pass.

Barber steps in and throw them off balance, so they either overcompensate for the run, or are just completely off guard and give up some big rushing TD.

What's going on right now is working.

The other way may work too, but...

It's working right now.

Also, Julius did tear off that 77 yard run against the Saints. He was on that night Dallas should have stayed with the run longer. If Julius gets a little more reckless, he'll tear off a lot more long runs, like he did his rookie year against the Giants and Seahawks.

thescarface1989

Reaction score
nathanlt;1239053 said:
I've thought about this, and starting with Julius does lull the defense into thinking they their current dedication to stopping the run is adequate, they can sit back on their heels and defend the pass.

Barber steps in and throw them off balance, so they either overcompensate for the run, or are just completely off guard and give up some big rushing TD.

What's going on right now is working.

The other way may work too, but...

It's working right now.

Also, Julius did tear off that 77 yard run against the Saints. He was on that night Dallas should have stayed with the run longer. If Julius gets a little more reckless, he'll tear off a lot more long runs, like he did his rookie year against the Giants and Seahawks.

I hope he gets more reckless, he has the talent and ability to have monster games!