Barber and Maroney Highlight Video

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Thanks...

Never seen Barber myself. Reminds me of Julius....alot!
Very good between the tackles, and has a nice burst through holes. Looks very elusive and good in the open field. He even runs over the odd guy!!

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Both of those guys look good.

Six of those TDs were scored on a Big-Time Toledo program. :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Had seen some and was fairly impressed but this shows a lot more promise. I don't think he's as fast as JJ but he looks very good. Also shows why you need all the film and other info you can get on a player.

Nice post and video.

Good pick up BP.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
Thanks...

Never seen Barber myself. Reminds me of Julius....alot!
Very good between the tackles, and has a nice burst through holes. Looks very elusive and good in the open field. He even runs over the odd guy!!

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he will be fine, but the big difference between him and Julious that I see is that Julius is a north-south middle of the field runner whenever he can. Barber seems to almost always be running on the diagonal toward the sideline.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Barber #21 appears to take on tacklers a whole lot better than #22. Every time Barber gets within arm distance or hits a hole between tacklers he lowers his shoulders, protects the ball and delivers a hit to the defender.

There is another former Parcells RB who had a very similar style in college. That would be Curtis Martin. If he can translate his abilities to the NFL we'll have a scary backfield.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
THANK YOU!

Feeling better and better about this upcoming season every day.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
I think he will be fine, but the big difference between him and Julious that I see is that Julius is a north-south middle of the field runner whenever he can. Barber seems to almost always be running on the diagonal toward the sideline.

Agreed....I think Julius is faster too.

Julius runs the lead draw and the delay draw almost as well as another famous past Cowboy.....22

Spontae

Reaction score
Both seemed to run a tad upright in the video, but that is correctable for MBIII.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I wonder who gives JJ a breather, Marion or A-Train. At least we have options this year!! :)

Thanks for the clip!!

Pooz

Reaction score
At first I wondered if we picked the right one, then I watched more I like what I see

hendog

Reaction score
Pooz said:
At first I wondered if we picked the right one, then I watched more I like what I see

Maroney wasn't in the draft so - yea we picked the right one.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Maroney was just a true sophomore last year. He's a stud, but he won't be eligible for the draft until next year. Foxsports had him ranked as the 19th best overall prospect for the 2006 Draft. GBNReport has him going at the 11th pick in their first 2006 Mock.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Barber seems a little more sudden than the other guy. I'm very pleased with who we have backing up Jones.

I think Barber will end up being the primary backup if he proves he can pick up the blitz.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Thanks, Inman. Been waiting all day to watch that (had to wait to get off work). I am pretty excited about Barber.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
The one TD run about 10 yards by barber where he weaved his way through the D. That was awesome. Man, like 5 guys just whiffed on him. man, hes gunna be fun to watch too.

RoysAHitta

Benched
Reaction score
maroney looks to be the better back, faster and bigger looking too. but barber still will be ok.

Duane

Reaction score
RoysAHitta said:
maroney looks to be the better back, faster and bigger looking too. but barber still will be ok.
Maroney is the better back but like a lot of others have said, he's probably a 1st round draft pick next year. We got very good value in the 4th with Barber.