Barber seems to run out of gas

sportsman

Reaction score
in the 2nd half of the season. I still like Barber over Jones, but just like last year he seems to start tanking at the halfway point of the season.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i think barber needs to go north and south more or make his one cut and than go north and south. he's bouncing every run to the outside and running on an angle towards the sidelines.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
sportsman;1782019 said:
in the 2nd half of the season. I still like Barber over Jones, but just like last year he seems to start tanking at the halfway point of the season.

I havent noticed that. I wonder what makes you think that?

sago1

Reaction score
Maybe those are right who say he needs be part of a 2 RB system. I would also like to see more of JJ cause that might help MBIII. Would also like to see more short throws to our RBs out of the backfield. It gets them involved in the game but in this situation they can be productive as part of our running game. Didn't like the fact that in waning moments of Skins game we had to turn the ball over to the Skins for one last attempt by them to score cause our running game couldn't pick up the first down. If we have to do that against the Packers, Favre will kill us.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
sportsman;1782019 said:

Here we go.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Found this on the Cowboys website...http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=64404CBB-B6E1-5182-1D8C496419105826

Newman said on Friday he would be ready to handle the punt returns this week. Phillips said running back Marion Barber would be the backup at that position, if needed.

Thought it was interesting. He is probably the LAST skill position guy I would expect to see returning punts. Doesn't seem like a good fit to me, lacks the speed.

What about Stanback? Is he active tomorrow?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The first and most important thing is catching it... And not many players can do that at an NFL level.

calico

Reaction score
well, if he is getting a little gassed, then im glad JJ has been running much better the past few games.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dang Dallas plays tomorrow hahaha geez that just dawned on me.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Punt return is catching the ball and making the first guy miss so you have free space to return it. MB III should be decent returner for spot duty.