Barry Bonds-exile him to a foreign land

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
Is anyone else here sick and friggin tired of hearin about Barry Bonds? Everyone knows he's fake, and this so called "investigation" is just a political stunt to cover MLB's rear ends. Bud Selig should oust this guy to France and never let him come back. I think it's sickening that Hank Aaron's record could possibly be broken by this clown. Hammerin Hank will always have the record in my opinion, 'cause he didn't need the juice to do it. He also broke the record in the deep south were racism was rampant, and overcame many obstacles. Barry Bonds will never be the icon that Hammerin Hank is. Get this 'roider out of the game!.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I agree that he's a fake...but let's face it, after the strike, baseball looked the other way KNOWING alot of these guys were doing steroids...the pursuit of Maris' record (he is still the single season HR record holder as far as I'm concerned) was "good" for baseball...put fans back in the seats...and so baseball looked the other way.

It's a bit hypocritical for them to be investigating what they have always known.

royhitshard

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I agree that he's a fake...but let's face it, after the strike, baseball looked the other way KNOWING alot of these guys were doing steroids...the pursuit of Maris' record (he is still the single season HR record holder as far as I'm concerned) was "good" for baseball...put fans back in the seats...and so baseball looked the other way.

It's a bit hypocritical for them to be investigating what they have always known.
Great Point.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If you exile Bonds, then you need to exile a bunch of other guys as well. I look at Bonds and the rest of the steriod guys in the same light. It doesn't bother me truly that much. In the big scheme of baseball, I put an asterisk by each of their names when I evaluate them. They don't need to be banned for what they did in the past, but it will be nice that the truth comes out.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
If you exile Bonds, then you need to exile a bunch of other guys as well. I look at Bonds and the rest of the steriod guys in the same light. It doesn't bother me truly that much. In the big scheme of baseball, I put an asterisk by each of their names when I evaluate them. They don't need to be banned for what they did in the past, but it will be nice that the truth comes out.

i agree. its just a shame that MLB used guys like sosa and mcgwire to get the game to be popular again. they should have never turned a blind eye to the steriod problem. now, they're gettin burned by their past decisions.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
i agree. its just a shame that MLB used guys like sosa and mcgwire to get the game to be popular again. they should have never turned a blind eye to the steriod problem. now, they're gettin burned by their past decisions.

McGwire and Sosa were insanely popular players. Everybody loved them. It's so much easier for baseball to make Barry a scapegoat because no one likes him anyway. He's guilty, but none of this crap that he's dealing with ever happened to any other juicer. Very hypocritical.