Barry from Brooklyn...

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
I have a not so secret secret,I like to call into Sports chat shows...(yeah,like you don"t)...my nic is "barry from brooklyn"..its origins long ago forgotten by me as I'm no longer in Brooklyn and have never been named Barry...what I bring there is pretty much what I provide here...a smattering of knowledge of pretty much everything and no pertinent knowledge of anything....making me a perfect foil for both venues...a particular favourite of mine when calling in is...Vinny for the Hall of Fame...my arguments are carefully marshaled...they range from the silly to the stupid...but they are mine and I'm proud of them...the reaction from the various hosts vary,but,in the end it breaks down to a version of "barry,you're an idiot"...what I truly don't understand about the Vinny/Canton thing is my reaction...I get insulted,I become indignent,my face starts to flush,my voice quivers,and I start yelling into the phone...I find myself saying such pearls as "damn right,I said he 's better than Marino"...so,if any of you guys are ever in South Florida,listening to QAM and you hear some guy losing it in afternoon drive...C'est Moi...barry from brooklyn...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
That is funny stuff... I hear guys do that locally here and it cracks me up... the hosts get their boxers all bunched up...

I heard Midswat call in the other day on the ESPN affiliate in Dallas... (really I did)

I never figured him to have such a feminine voice... ;)

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
That is funny stuff... I hear guys do that locally here and it cracks me up... the hosts get their boxers all bunched up...

I heard Midswat call in the other day on the ESPN affiliate in Dallas... (really I did)

...ha ha ha...check out LTN's sub nic...a clever gal...

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:

If you think I have a feminine voice on the phone . . . wait until you hear my Boy George Kareoke sessions . . .

Do you really want to hurt me . . .

Do you really want to make me cry . . .

I bring the hizzous down . . .

trickblue

Reaction score
Midswat said:
If you think I have a feminine voice on the phone . . . wait until you hear my Boy George Kareoke sessions . . .

:D

It was weird to hear you on there the other day... it was just like you were whispering in my ear...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Midswat said:

Will you tumble for me? :eek: :p

trickblue

Reaction score
boy_middie.jpg

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ibis said:
I have a not so secret secret,I like to call into Sports chat shows...(yeah,like you don"t)...my nic is "barry from brooklyn"..its origins long ago forgotten by me as I'm no longer in Brooklyn and have never been named Barry...what I bring there is pretty much what I provide here...a smattering of knowledge of pretty much everything and no pertinent knowledge of anything....making me a perfect foil for both venues...a particular favourite of mine when calling in is...Vinny for the Hall of Fame...my arguments are carefully marshaled...they range from the silly to the stupid...but they are mine and I'm proud of them...the reaction from the various hosts vary,but,in the end it breaks down to a version of "barry,you're an idiot"...what I truly don't understand about the Vinny/Canton thing is my reaction...I get insulted,I become indignent,my face starts to flush,my voice quivers,and I start yelling into the phone...I find myself saying such pearls as "damn right,I said he 's better than Marino"...so,if any of you guys are ever in South Florida,listening to QAM and you hear some guy losing it in afternoon drive...C'est Moi...barry from brooklyn...

ROFL!!!

Were you a caller to WFAN, NY, by any chance? One of those Mike and the Mad Dog
regulars? Barry from Brooklyn....has a vaguely uncomfortable ring to it. "Coach whose name dare not be spoken, demon seeds, Fatso"..geez, as Yogi said, "It's deja vu all over again".

Pretty amusing tho, how you call in to elicit props for VT, then end up losing it. ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
ibis said:

Borough Park here...where were you in Brooklyn???

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Borough Park here...where were you in Brooklyn???
..East Flatbush...six blocks from Barbara Streisand....Barbra to ibis..."I don't date catholic boys and fix your zipper."...