Battlestar Galactica

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Anyone else watch the spring season's premire tonite?

Man I thought that was a great episode, cant wait till next week!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
CowboysFan02 said:
Anyone else watch the spring season's premire tonite?

Man I thought that was a great episode, cant wait till next week!

I refused to watch the show when they made Starbuck a woman

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
I refused to watch the show when they made Starbuck a woman

Well the first Battlestar Galactica(1978) was a little before my time, so Starbuck being a woman is not a problem for me as it stands in comparison to the old Starbuck.

Plus the actress playing Starbuck does a good job IMHO.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
CowboysFan02 said:
Well the first Battlestar Galactica(1978) was a little before my time, so Starbuck being a woman is not a problem for me as it stands in comparison to the old Starbuck.

Plus the actress playing Starbuck does a good job IMHO.

Hehe well was not before my time so I am bias Starbuck was the ladies man it just irks me. Some things are just wrong; changing the gender of Starbuck just grates me (for some reason) it is the only one to if it was Apollo so be it etc etc. Now some people may think I am crazy but I have talked to other fans from my time period and they agree and refused to watch it because of the same change just something about it seems wrong.

Funny thing is The orginal Starbuck was played by Dirk Benedict who was Faceman on A-Team to give you a reference point.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The new show is great and so was the first episode last night. Sarbuck being a woman doesn't bother me because I never could stand Dirk even on A-Team. One of the best things about the new one, other than better acting :D, is the hotties like Grace Park.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This battlestar is flat out, in every area, better than the original and I was a big fan of the original.

This one is just flat out better and if your bias of a woman playing starbuck keeps you from watching it...you really are missing out.

It took me a little bit to get used to the idea that both starbuck and boomer were played by woman, as it was just strange but it still is just so much better of a show from the writing, the action, the ACTING, the special effects, the cylons are better written and the overall production.

They were showing some of the older ones a few months back and the difference in quality was like watching gilligans island and watching lost.

I think a great deal of it is the nostalgia factor and the idea that it was a different time so things just seemed better in many cases back then.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
The new show is great and so was the first episode last night. Sarbuck being a woman doesn't bother me because I never could stand Dirk even on A-Team. One of the best things about the new one, other than better acting :D, is the hotties like Grace Park.

Grace is a beauty no doubt...however I tell you...they sure do skirt the nudity with teh blonde cylon woman...wow a few times I thought they were going to show more than they meant to show...and she is a hottie as well. lol.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeah I love the new BSG. Great great show.

And ironically, eventhough the new Starbuck is a woman, she's more "manly" then the old starbuck. :D

Can't wait to find out what happens next week.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Grace is a beauty no doubt...however I tell you...they sure do skirt the nudity with teh blonde cylon woman...wow a few times I thought they were going to show more than they meant to show...and she is a hottie as well. lol.

No doubt but I like brunettes better :D

And ironically, eventhough the new Starbuck is a woman, she's more "manly" then the old starbuck.

:lmao:

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Don't forget one of the Viper Pilots "Kat". She is quite the hottie too. :dance3:

I agree BP the writing on BSG is some of the best writing, and acting I have seen in some time.