Bear's 2006 Cowboys Draft Board-- Defense/ Special Teams

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Trust me, a safety who runs a 4.7 40 (Dwayne Slay) would NEVER have made my list if it was just my preference...

I wouldn't mind picking up Slay late in the draft. A lot of times players just don't run fast 40s, but they play fast on the field.

And sometimes guys with fast 40s don't play fast on the field.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rack said:
I wouldn't mind picking up Slay late in the draft. A lot of times players just don't run fast 40s, but they play fast on the field.

And sometimes guys with fast 40s don't play fast on the field.

There is that... however, I rather doubt that the greatest instincts in the world could make up for a safety who runs a 4.7...

OTOH, the guy's a fierce hitter, maybe if he could bulk up 20-30 pounds, he could move to OLB... he'd undoubtedly be a pretty fair special teamer in the process...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear said:
There is that... however, I rather doubt that the greatest instincts in the world could make up for a safety who runs a 4.7...

OTOH, the guy's a fierce hitter, maybe if he could bulk up 20-30 pounds, he could move to OLB... he'd undoubtedly be a pretty fair special teamer in the process...

I wasn't referring to instincts. I was referring to actual speed. Some players run faster on the field, then they do on the track.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I just posted an article here that a Pats writer mentioned as a Gil Brandt small school type of player. I noticed you had him on ther board here.

Chris Gocong 6-3 265 DE Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 4.65 sec. 4th/5th

He is supposed to be a good edge rusher in a 3/4 that can keep up with a tight end in coverage. Sounded like a Parcel pick to me. The question is would we with te LBs we have now and a possibility of taking a LB earlier in the draft?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan said:
I just posted an article here that a Pats writer mentioned as a Gil Brandt small school type of player. I noticed you had him on ther board here.

Chris Gocong 6-3 265 DE Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 4.65 sec. 4th/5th

He is supposed to be a good edge rusher in a 3/4 that can keep up with a tight end in coverage. Sounded like a Parcel pick to me. The question is would we with te LBs we have now and a possibility of taking a LB earlier in the draft?

Gocong, Danieal Manning and Hank Baskett were all on my master list, Joe...