Bears went to the SB with Grossman...

juck

Reaction score
If we cant win one or two with Brad this team completely blows.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Bears have an OUTSTANDING defense when they did that?

We don't have that there. Good defense, yes. Outstanding? Not by a long shot.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
You couldn't be more right!! We have Barber, T.O., Witten, Felix and have Ware, Ellis, Ratliff etc. We should be able to win one or two!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Not to mention Rex could scare people with the deep ball which gave plenty of room for Thomas Jones to continue to keep the ball for them with hard nosed running.

Brad Johnson isn't going to scare anyone deep so that running game we have now that about every other game has trouble getting going is about to have even more trouble.

juck

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333516 said:
Not to mention Rex could scare people with the deep ball which gave plenty of room for Thomas Jones to continue to keep the ball for them with hard nosed running.

Brad Johnson isn't going to scare anyone deep so that running game we have now that about every other game has trouble getting going is about to have even more trouble.

Brad can throw the ball deep thats a myth.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
you guys act like it brad Johnson is garbage, he has a winning record, won a super bowl and can throw deep, probably cant throw those deep out but BJ is more than adequate.....

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333508 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Bears have an OUTSTANDING defense when they did that?

....and an outstanding ST too

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
juckie;2333522 said:

Ok...well look at the trouble Romo has had hitting a lot of deep stuff lately. You really think Brad is going to have a better shot?

Lets also not forget that Romo has some mobility to extend plays, and get out of trouble, that Brad simply doesn't have.

Boysboy

Reaction score
juckie;2333502 said:
If we cant win one or two with Brad this team completely blows.

Bears also had an opportunistic D AND Devin Hester carving up opposing STs. Oh-their 2-headed monster of Thomas J/Benson wasn't too shabby either.

However-injuries and Thomas J leaving the year after hurt them tremendously. Nonetheless, IF they had a decent QB last year, they would have made the playoffs.

superpunk

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333508 said:

Outstanding defense and otherworldly special teams.

We have neither.

juck

Reaction score
superpunk;2333533 said:
Outstanding defense and otherworldly special teams.

We have neither.

maybw we will play like it

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
juckie;2333544 said:
maybw we will play like it

Maybe. If that happens I'd be THRILLED. I just don't see them suddenly playing out of this world defense or ST because Romo is out.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333530 said:
Ok...well look at the trouble Romo has had hitting a lot of deep stuff lately. You really think Brad is going to have a better shot?

Lets also not forget that Romo has some mobility to extend plays, and get out of trouble, that Brad simply doesn't have.

Brad is going to protect the ball and not fumble three times a game.

He's going to have to be more-or-less a game management QB, not be asked to win like Tony. So he's not going to have the big plays, but won't have as many of the mistakes I don't think. That could work well for this team, even help out the defense.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Barber is the best offensive player the Boys have period. Who knows maybe the Boys will actually run the ball more. I would be more concerned about losing Barber then Romo.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rack;2333643 said:
... and a dominant defense.

I think we're missing the dominant defense.

And a cupcake schedule to boot. NFCE >>>>>>>>>>>>> NFCN

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Boysboy;2333657 said:
And a cupcake schedule to boot. NFCE >>>>>>>>>>>>> NFCN

True, but at least they got it done in the playoffs.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Future;2333608 said:
Brad is going to protect the ball and not fumble three times a game.

He's going to have to be more-or-less a game management QB, not be asked to win like Tony. So he's not going to have the big plays, but won't have as many of the mistakes I don't think. That could work well for this team, even help out the defense.

Yes he won't fumble as much but he's going to be sacked more. That's going to kill more drives. What you're going to be seeing won't help the defense you're going to see a guy whose going to have to hope the defense steps it up majorily in order to help him.

Unless something drastically changes with the game plan and how they use some of the players.

jcollins28;2333637 said:
Barber is the best offensive player the Boys have period. Who knows maybe the Boys will actually run the ball more. I would be more concerned about losing Barber then Romo.

That is beyond insane. I'd feel a lot better having to rely on Jones and Choice if Barber were to be nicked for a few games than I would Johnson having to play for our franchise QB.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
juckie;2333522 said:

Yup he threw one deep to Mike Jefferson in the preseason which was actually a pretty damn good throw but Jefferson didn't make a play on it.

I feel pretty good with BJ back there. He is a heady QB.