Cooper Beebe: Have Faith In Me

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So I guess he's penciled in as C now? That's awesome.

Guyton | Smith | Beebe | Martin | Steele

Sounds like a pretty solid line.
Minus whatever growing pains the rookies go through before becoming that solid line. I think long term it looks pretty good. Of course, long term probably won't include Martin.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Minus whatever growing pains the rookies go through before becoming that solid line. I think long term it looks pretty good. Of course, long term probably won't include Martin.
Yeah Martin probably has maybe 2 more solid years in him I think. He started to decline a bit this past year a bit IMO. But we'll see! At least there is no excuses for the offense/Dak, we are using a lot of resources on our O-line.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah Martin probably has maybe 2 more solid years in him I think. He started to decline a bit this past year a bit IMO. But we'll see! At least there is no excuses for the offense/Dak, we are using a lot of resources on our O-line.
If that slight bit of decline shows again, I can see this front office deciding to go younger and cheaper at the position with a player like Bass instead of re-signing Martin for big bucks next year. He already is going to count $27 million against our cap in 2025 and 2026.

visionary

Reaction score
If that slight bit of decline shows again, I can see this front office deciding to go younger and cheaper at the position with a player like Bass instead of re-signing Martin for big bucks next year. He already is going to count $27 million against our cap in 2025 and 2026.
Thats why you extend him now for 2 more years at a manageable price and lower the cap hit. Martin can play 4 years at a high level

gimmesix

Reaction score
Thats why you extend him now for 2 more years at a manageable price and lower the cap hit. Martin can play 4 years at a high level
I'd like to see it, but I've heard no mention of extending him. If they let his deal run out, I think it will be like Tyron, we'll "want" to sign him but not at the price some other team will throw at him.