Been out for awhile

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hey die-hards. I've recently moved into Steeler country to be with my girlfriend in good ol' Pennsylvania. All I ever see is Black and Gold. But what do you expect, they just won their 5th Super Bowl earlier this year, and they are still on cloud 9 and thinking repeat. Yet I proudly drive my Chevy pickup to and from work with my Cowboy's star on the back windshield. I only catch flack from my Steeler-lovin girlfriend. She's awesome though.

Anyway, I'm pretty darn happy about our draft and our free agent acquisitions. I am thrilled to have picked up Bobby Carpenter in the first and Skyler Green from LSU in the 4th. I think he was a steal, much like Jason Witten was when we got him in the third round a few years back.

I was wondering if anyone could give some feedback on how the Cowboy's recent mini-camp went down. Was there anyone that stood out? Do we look like we have a hunger that will carry us into the 2006 season? I need something to go on being that I don't have computer access like I used too, and the fact that any and all news here is Steeler's news. A heads up would be nice.

Y'all have a good one!! :star:

genghiskhan

Reaction score
Fletch said:
I was wondering if anyone could give some feedback on how the Cowboy's recent mini-camp went down. Was there anyone that stood out? Do we look like we have a hunger that will carry us into the 2006 season?

It was a rookie camp. I don't think there's really anything meaningful you can glean from it.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
genghiskhan said:
It was a rookie camp. I don't think there's really anything meaningful you can glean from it.

I appreciate the response. I wasn't sure. This is the first year I have been this out of touch with the Cowboys.

Any rookies stand out? Carpenter? Fasano? Green?

Eskimo

Reaction score
I think the major news of the mini-camp was how good Jason Hatcher looked during the drills - apparently has great raw athletic ability and the coaches seemed quite pleased.

Carpenter was apparently moving well on his previously injured ankle and is the new water boy. He was doing some drills with Burnett who apparently has recovered well from his ACL.

Fasano is apparently ugly but we knew that already.

Skyler Green is "FAT" according to BP and needs to lose about 10 pounds and the same was said of Montavious Stanley.

Pat Watkins is ridiculously skinny but apparently moves quite well for a man his size.

McQuistain is also apparently ugly - even uglier than Fasano.

I heard Whitley looked good for a 7th rounder and will be tried at center but his versatility will be the key to making the roster.

I know some people are hopeful about the two UDFAs at ILB (Hoyte, Parham) but the initial word is both are really slow and unathletic. We'll have to see if they do better on the field.

I know there are some good words being said about Jamaica Rector (strongest guy on the team pound for pound) at WR and the 2 UDFA WRs both have good size (Hurd and Austin).

The Ivy League QB (Moroz) apparently looked good and will be invited to camp.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
If you are referring to that mini camp picture, I don't think it was Burnett. There was no star on the helmet and they frequently issue multiple numbers to rookies during mini camps.

Eskimo

Reaction score
junk said:
If you are referring to that mini camp picture, I don't think it was Burnett. There was no star on the helmet and they frequently issue multiple numbers to rookies during mini camps.

Thanks for clarifying - only saw the 57 from the back and thought maybe Burnett had returned to the field. It would be very early to return to drills after an ACL.

Deb

Zoner
Reaction score
hey fletch.....coincidentally I just wrote you about a week ago......so write when you get a chance and catch me up on your new life......I miss ya my friend~~ Deb

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Thanks for clarifying - only saw the 57 from the back and thought maybe Burnett had returned to the field. It would be very early to return to drills after an ACL.

I just went and looked that thread up. Dale said it was J.J. Horne, a rookie free agent.