Don't forget banna-red, lol.

How could I forget...

I hear the Strawberry "Tyler" Rose is popular in your area... :D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Speaking of dumb things to drink,

Liquid Crack - the Fortified Wine of the 90's
It was then, in the Summer of 1991, that I lost my innocence. There wasn't a whole lot going on, so my friend Pat and I decided to hit the liquor store. The usual routine at that time was to get a couple of Private Stock 40's, "the malt liquor with the imported taste", but that day was going to be different.

That fateful day we each grabbed a bottle of berry Cisco. It was then and there that we became Cisco Kids.

Cisco, a fortified wine product, had made strides towards the mainstream in the past couple of years. Dubbed "liquid crack" by the media, Cisco has become increasingly popular with everyone from urban youth to the college crowds.

Since March 1990, when Cisco made it's debut in the Metropolitan Washington, D.C. market, two-thirds of the adolescents treated for acute alcohol intoxication in the Emergency Room at the Children's National Medical Center had been drinking Cisco.

Apparently, these unsuspecting rascals thought the Cisco was a wine cooler. One Washington, D.C. pediatrician, Dr. Joseph Wright, has stated that "because of misconceptions about its potency, we believe that Cisco represents a significant health hazard for adolescents."

Based on ten incidents of alcohol poisoning, including one involving a twelve year old, documented by Dr. Wright, the former Surgeon General Antonia C. Novella, M.D., joined the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency (NCADD), the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) and other concerned group in demanding that Cisco be repackaged so that consumers would no longer confuse it with low-alcohol wine coolers.

Before reaching its first birthday, Cisco was lambasted by the Surgeon General during a press conference in Washington, D.C., denouncing Cisco as a "dangerous product". Dr. Novella further stated, "It looks like a wine cooler. It smells like a wine cooler, but it isn't. It's an incredibly potent, potentially fatal alcoholic beverage. This drink is a wolf in sheep's clothing."

The Canandaigua Wine Company originally marketed Cisco with the advertising slogan, "Takes You By Surprise." The Center for Science in the Public Interest retorted with a national pledge campaign, "No More Surprises".

Following a boycott, which included 7-Eleven stores throughout the country, Cisco has been repackaged like the higher alcohol-fortified wine that it is. The repackaged Cisco contains the abrasive statement, "THIS IS NOT A WINE COOLER."

Of course, I could indulge you with more trumped up, unnecessary hype, but let me cut to the chase. How do you go about enjoying "liquid crack," you ask? Well, Cisco comes in 7 or 8 delicious fruit flavors, including Peach, Grape and Black Cherry.

There are two sizes to choose from; 375 milliliters for the ladies and first-timers, and 750 milliliters for the guys. These generally retail for approximately $2 and $3, respectively.

As with any fine delicacy, Cisco may be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Obviously, you may go the raw and unadulterated route and just tug the stuff straight from the bottle, like a sippin' whiskey. My personal favorite is to include a 40 of Private Stock malt liquor, which acts as a chaser to the mildly harsh taste of undiluted Cisco.

Then there is the party cocktail that brought Cisco to prominence....the Cisco Spritzer. It is quite easy, all you have to do is mix 2 parts Cisco with 3 parts 7-Up (feel free to experiment with proportions of each). Then, find yourself a tall, chilled glass and serve the cocktail "on the rocks."

Just how much alcohol is contained in Cisco? Well, a 375-milliliter (approx. 12 oz.) bottle of Cisco contains the equivalence of five shots of 80-proof vodka. In fact, consumption of just two 375 ml. bottles by a person weighing 100 lbs. or less can result in death due to acute alcohol poisoning.

Consumption of a single bottle within an hour by a person weighing 150 lbs. or less will result in a blood alcohol content above the legal limit for driving in nearly every state.

Back to that fateful day in the Summer of 1991. My friend Pat and I had it all figured out. We were going to try this Cisco stuff and then hit the 5:30 showing of Boyz N the Hood. Well, somewhere in between the Cisco and going to the movie, I decided to ride my bike around the scenic U of MD campus.

As I traveled around to no particular destination, my bike was suddenly possessed by some type of Evel Kneivel demon. Before I knew it, the damn bike was flipping me head over ***, much like the legendary Evel Kneivel Caesar's Palace jump. It was 2 a.m. when I woke up naked in my bed, only to discover an amazing collection of cuts and bruises on my body.

That day was one of the ones you put in the scrapbook up there in your head. As I write this, I can't help glancing at the faint scar on top of my left hand, just one of the scars that I earned in my first Cisco-inspired tirade.

In the end, I suppose I would have to liken Cisco to sex. You see, it's never the same after the first time, but that doesn't stop you from coming back for more.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
trickblue said:
How could I forget...

I hear the Strawberry "Tyler" Rose is popular in your area... :D
lmao......it is the line's favorite for the wettest dry-county in the US.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
wine is horrible to begin with and i wouldnt want to find out how bad fruit flavored wine taste like

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
People are finally realizing Beer =

beerbelly.jpg

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
People are finally realizing Beer =

beerbelly.jpg

On a serious note about the subject, the low carb diets have made a serious impact in domestic sales. A guy can drink liquor and a non-carb mixer all night and still save carbs over a single mich ultra.

As for the MD 20/20, when I was in college, a bottle would run $2.99 and would produce a serious buzz for even the most hardcore drinker. A fraternity brother of mine would do a bottle of Grape and want to fight the entire world. Nasty stuff.

joseephuss

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
lmao......it is the line's favorite for the wettest dry-county in the US.

How much money does Coffee City make in alcohol sales to Smith county residents? We didn't have any problems down in Palestine. The Catholic church was right across the street from the liquor store.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
How much money does Coffee City make in alcohol sales to Smith county residents? We didn't have any problems down in Palestine. The Catholic church was right across the street from the liquor store.
I dunno but the smith county dry county ordinance is a silly law if you ask me. Especially since you are allowed to drink in any bar or restaurant in smith county. I hope one day for the adults in the area it will change, but I doubt I will be here long enough to see it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I dunno but the smith county dry county ordinance is a silly law if you ask me. Especially since you are allowed to drink in any bar or restaurant in smith county. I hope one day for the adults in the area it will change, but I doubt I will be here long enough to see it.

It's like that here... I live in a very wet dry county...

The real premise is not drinking, but to keep all the shanty beer shacks from popping up...

Of course, here in East Texas we replaced those with shanty barbecuse shacks...

You will notice that in East Texas... the the number of Mexican food restaurants is in direct proportion to the number of Baptist churches... 3 Baptist churches for every one Mexican restaurant is the rule of thumb...

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
trickblue said:
It's like that here... I live in a very wet dry county...

The real premise is not drinking, but to keep all the shanty beer shacks from popping up...

Of course, here in East Texas we replaced those with shanty barbecuse shacks...

You will notice that in East Texas... the the number of Mexican food restaurants is in direct proportion to the number of Baptist churches... 3 Baptist churches for every one Mexican restaurant is the rule of thumb...
LOL, so true but you will never here me complain about Churches or mexican Taquerias (sp).

Trick when are you coming to town again, we need to hook up and get a beer or two. :)

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
all you guys need is a avenue full of strip clubs and pharmacys

trickblue

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
LOL, so true but you will never here me complain about Churches or mexican Taquerias (sp).

Trick when are you coming to town again, we need to hook up and get a beer or two. :)

I'll be there tomorrow... I come down most weekends...

We DO need to get a beer... or sip an ice cold MD 20/20...

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I'll be there tomorrow... I come down most weekends...

We DO need to get a beer... or sip an ice cold MD 20/20...
Cool beans. I will send you a pm with my information.

As for as the Mad Dog is concern, how about we drink some bile instead circumventing the whole puking/dry heaving process. :D

trickblue

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Cool beans. I will send you a pm with my information.

As for as the Mad Dog is concern, how about we drink some bile instead circumventing the whole puking/dry heaving process. :D

or better yet... I am going to make some venison fajitas this weekend... I could go ahead and cut our livers out while I am deboning the meet...