Beginning to think the D will be truly NASTY

burmafrd

Reaction score
I know that the O line and the offense in general is always slow to get it together in camp. fact of life. But the way our D is eating the O's breakfast, lunch and dinner is starting to make me wonder. Is our D that good or is our O behind the 8 Ball? I am leaning more to the side that our D is going to be eating live babies for snacks this year.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I know that the O line and the offense in general is always slow to get it together in camp. fact of life. But the way our D is eating the O's breakfast, lunch and dinner is starting to make me wonder. Is our D that good or is our O behind the 8 Ball? I am leaning more to the side that our D is going to be eating live babies for snacks this year.

<Homer Simpson voice> "Mmmmmmm....live babies....aaaaaaahh....."

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
This defense is poised for a big year.

I think what we are seeing now is an above average defense that is becoming a well above average defense and a below average offense that is on its way to becoming an average offense.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Not possible. Parcells can't build a defense without Bill Belichick.:rolleyes:

sago1

Reaction score
I'm afraid our OL is that bad right now but hopefully it improves soon! We also believe our defense is really going to shine this year; I fully expect us to be a top 5 defense this year. We were either 5th or 6th first half of 05 before we lost both Dat & Singleton. But of course Ferguson has to produce at a high level & we really need Johnson to really step it up; fortunately he's doing very well in TC and has really bulked up. A contribution from Stanley would also really be helpful and understand he also doing okay; but both are young kids & Parcells admits he concerned about lack of vet experience behind Ferguson.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Not saying that the O is not bad at the moment; but I do not think the O line is that bad- just that the D has its ears laid back and is coming hard and mean!!! I think the D has the O whipped in their heads at the moment.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Not saying that the O is not bad at the moment; but I do not think the O line is that bad- .

lets hope not anyway...no question in my mind that its the single biggest question mark on the team, and also no question that it could keep us out of the playoffs again if it isnt improved over last year

people can blame a kicker all they want want for last years failure, but that awful OL was the #1 reason this team wasnt in the playoffs and making some noise

David