Bengals D

tunahelper

Reaction score
I watched the Bengals and Browns game. Mike Zimmer has the umbrella 4-3 with a 4 man rush as usual.

It does not make me miss the Zimmer days.

Boysboy

Reaction score
tunahelper;2304313 said:
I watched the Bengals and Browns game. Mike Zimmer has the umbrella 4-3 with a 4 man rush as usual.

It does not make me miss the Zimmer days.

Well-we all agreed how Sean Payton's schemes were pretty vanilla here as well(In Tuna's words, Payton's playcalling was like a "virus").

Look at how he took our D to the woodshed a year later...:bang2:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Ok, so what? Wasn't Marvin Lewis the Defensive Genious? What happened? Please, its about time we all realized, its not just about schemes. Its about the Players first and then the scheme.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2304375 said:
Ok, so what? Wasn't Marvin Lewis the Defensive Genious? What happened? Please, its about time we all realized, its not just about schemes. Its about the Players first and then the scheme.

That's what I've been trying to tell everyone here-fire Brian Stewart, fire Wade, hire Dom Capers...this D will still be its stinky self.

Nexx

Reaction score
Boysboy;2304315 said:
Well-we all agreed how Sean Payton's schemes were pretty vanilla here as well(In Tuna's words, Payton's playcalling was like a "virus").

Look at how he took our D to the woodshed a year later...:bang2:

fullback in the flat > parcells 3-4

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I have not seen a great DEFENSE with Stars on their helmet since our SB teams.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'll say it again...for as vanilla as some may think Wade is, Zimmer was far worse. 2006 under Zimmer Dallas had 34 sacks and finished 18th in pass attempts per sack ratio. In 2007 we only added Ken Hamlin, a safety, and recorded the most sacks for a Dallas defense since 1994 and finished 5th in pass attempts per sack ratio.

Zimmer then went to Atlanta last year and took a team that had 37 sacks the year before and got them 25 sacks under his guidance.

Now, Zimmer seemed to play more press coverage (I don't know for sure because I don't have stats on me, I can only go off what I remember) than Wade, but Wade blitzes much more often. Hopefully Wade will be willing to increase the amount of press coverage or find a solution to the problems to our defense. But if you want aggressiveness towards the QB, Mike Zimmer ain't your guy...regardless of the talent he has.

YAKUZA

tunahelper

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2304511 said:
I'll say it again...for as vanilla as some may think Wade is, Zimmer was far worse. 2006 under Zimmer Dallas had 34 sacks and finished 18th in pass attempts per sack ratio. In 2007 we only added Ken Hamlin, a safety, and recorded the most sacks for a Dallas defense since 1994 and finished 5th in pass attempts per sack ratio.

Zimmer then went to Atlanta last year and took a team that had 37 sacks the year before and got them 25 sacks under his guidance.

Now, Zimmer seemed to play more press coverage (I don't know for sure because I don't have stats on me, I can only go off what I remember) than Wade, but Wade blitzes much more often. Hopefully Wade will be willing to increase the amount of press coverage or find a solution to the problems to our defense. But if you want aggressiveness towards the QB, Mike Zimmer ain't your guy...regardless of the talent he has

YAKUZA

Good point and that was really what I was referring too. Watching the the Bengals last game you will see a team RARELY sending more than 4 and playing soft vs. the Browns.

Maybe they come out against us and blitz and bump and run, but it seems he wants to umbrella you and speed to the ball.

Sound familar?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2304376 said:
That's what I've been trying to tell everyone here-fire Brian Stewart, fire Wade, hire Dom Capers...this D will still be its stinky self.
I agree