Bengals notebook....

Reaction score
Bengals notebook

Hamstring woes sideline Dorsey for a few weeks

By Mark Curnutte • mcurnutte@enquirer.com • September 30, 2008

Bengals third-string halfback DeDe Dorsey is expected to miss several weeks with a hamstring injury sustained Sunday during the 20-12 loss to the Browns.

Second-stringer Kenny Watson also missed the game with a hamstring injury, and Lewis said the team is not sure of Watson's condition for the Dallas game.
Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said there was a possibility the Bengals could add a running back this week, either a free agent or possibly rookie James Johnson, currently on the team's practice squad.
TAILBACK WOES II: Chris Perry fumbled for the fourth time in four games Sunday. He lost the ball for the second time to the opposition.
"I can't let it happen any more," Perry said Monday. "It's me not taking care of the ball the way I should. I have to make sure I cover up the ball when I'm expecting to get contact."
Lewis said: "Chris has got to take care of the football."
OFFENSIVE WOES: The Bengals have scored just 45 points offensively in four games, and backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is the second-leading rusher with 41 yards on four carries.
Perry leads with 208 yards on 72 carries (2.9-yard average).
"Offensively, we have to make first down and score points," Lewis said. "We're playing on such a short - what am I going to say? - margin of error that it makes it very difficult in the other phases (special teams and defense). It gets overshadowed a little bit.
"We need to play better on offense, no doubt about it. ... We need to do better creating plays that give us chunk yardage. We're not going to abandon ship. We played yesterday without Carson (Palmer), which makes a little bit of difference to us, I do believe. I think as we go forward with Ryan (Fitzpatrick), we'll go into it a little differently.
Lewis is pleased with his defense.
The defense "is just playing their little tails off," he said. "It puts them out on the field more than you'd like. We have a lot of guys doing good things over there."
ROOKIE REPORT: Rookie wide receivers Jerome Simpson (second round) and Andre Caldwell (third round) do not have a reception between them.
"The two young receivers, there are some things they could do, but we're having a problem getting the ball to the eight-year receivers," Lewis said in reference to veterans T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Ocho Cinco. "They have to see the adjustments in the routes. We're working very hard with the young guys to keep them in tune with what we're doing and keeping them immersed in the plan. We're trying to keep them moving along."
D-LINE: Fifth-round defensive lineman Jason Shirley and third-rounder Pat Sims have not played yet this season. They have not been on the 45-man game-day roster.
"I think Jason is a ways, way away. There was no intention that he would play for us this year. He would be a project type player," Lewis said.
"Pat Sims is doing things pretty well for us. Given an opportunity, he could play here this year."

jzcowboy

Reaction score
If we don't beat the snot out of this team before halftime, you'll see yours truly run onto the field and show them how to!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jzcowboy;2299036 said:
If we don't beat the snot out of this team before halftime, you'll see yours truly run onto the field and show them how to!

If you don't back that claim up then you should take a self imposed hiatus from this forum. ;)

I think we'll get just what we need this week after a tough loss last weekend. We'll get a bit of the confidence and such back by taking care of business against the Bungals.