Best Back Ever

Cowboys_fan8

Reaction score
Don't pick your favorite because of your favorite team or because of the players stats, pick because you like the player. And if you don't know all of them or at least heard of, then don't anwser.

Who is the best BACK out of these backs:

Larry Csonka

Walter Payton* My personal ALL TIME BEST, and i dont think anybody will ever be better than him, and nothing anything can say or show me will change it!

Emmit Smith

Tony Dorsett

Ricky Williams

(or anyone else i didnt name)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Barry Sanders was probably the back with the most skill, but Emmitt Smith was THE best because he won more than any other back and put up far superior #s than any other back. Dont give me that great O-Line excuse either. Its not Emmitt's fault.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cowboys_fan8 said:
Don't pick your favorite because of your favorite team or because of the players stats, pick because you like the player. And if you don't know all of them or at least heard of, then don't anwser.

Who is the best BACK out of these backs:

Larry Csonka

Walter Payton* My personal ALL TIME BEST, and i dont think anybody will ever be better than him, and nothing anything can say or show me will change it!

Emmit Smith

Tony Dorsett

Ricky Williams

(or anyone else i didnt name)

ixnay:
czonka
williams

add:
Jim Brown
OJ Simpson
Thurman Thomas
Bronco Nagurski
Gale Sayers

If you want to go SOLELY on this list... I say:
Payton
Dorsett
Smith

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
I'll take Emmitt any day of the week. He had more than just skill, a little something called heart.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Jim Brown was the best Running Back ever, by far the most dominant player ever and he did it before 16 game schedules.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jim Brown, Walter Peyton, Gayle Sayers, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders may be considered the best ever.

But my favorite to watch was always...

Earl Campbell and Tony Dorsett.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
OJ Simpson and that 2003 yard season was special - was it 1972/3 in a 14 game season? I remember as a kid watching him run in the Snow all over the Jets last game to break 2000 yards. He was kinda Barry Sanders with Size.