Best case scenario

Galian Beast

Reaction score
On offense:
Brad Johnson with numerous weapons on offense can mount a good 3-5 games in place of Tony Romo. At least beat the Rams and hopefully the Giants.

Tony Romo comes back as early as possible (while being careful), maybe only misses 2 or 3 games.

Felix Jones only misses a couple games.

Kyle Kosier comes back in the next week or two, and the offensive line starts playing like it was in the beginning of the season.

On Defense:
Defense gets more aggressive to help out the offense.

Pacman gets reinstated after 4 games.

Newman comes back after about 4 games.

Roy Williams comes back in to help our run defense.

I honestly believe that teams have been able to simply game plan us. I think Roy Williams changes all that. I see less double coverage, and I see less aggressive blitzes. I see that also opening things up for the running game. Roy Williams (WR) can definitely help us out if he plays to potential, and learns the system quickly. I think the Cowboys waited a week too long to get him, and we paid for it.

On defense I hope losing Romo sparks the defense to make a name for itself, because it hasn't been doing that at all. I still think Stewart and maybe even campo need to be fired. Read definitely needs to be fired. Midseason or not, this crap is ridiculous.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
the only thing i'm worried about is having brad out there and him struggling. and then us desperately having Romo back on the field too soon, and risking a greater injury.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
If brad johnson has to play the next 3-4 games, despite having roy williams, who wont know our schemes, I hope we use the passing game as a threat, and really pound the run (Despite felix being injured) its time for choice to get some touches too. We need to play like Pittsburgh did. Exactly like them, on offense and defense. I'd take the Pittsburgh coaching staff in a heartbeat right now, i mean cowher.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2341461 said:
If brad johnson has to play the next 3-4 games, despite having roy williams, who wont know our schemes, I hope we use the passing game as a threat, and really pound the run (Despite felix being injured) its time for choice to get some touches too. We need to play like Pittsburgh did. Exactly like them, on offense and defense. I'd take the Pittsburgh coaching staff in a heartbeat right now, i mean cowher.

Brad will be successful as long as the running game becomes a bigger priority and becomes more effective. Our time of possession will be much better with Brad which helps the defense. If the defense plays more like it did with Arizona and focuses more on 3 and outs as opposed to the bend but don't break approach we will be at least 6-3 and a more fundamentally sound team by the time Romo gets back. There is no reason to believe we can't average 24 points a game on offense for the next 3 games as long as the running game is effective. We don't need to be a grinding team and play like Pittsburgh, in fact Owens, Witten and RW are what will open up the running game. Our corners are the concern for me right now and I hope Wade doesn't go back to that reactive play off the WR type of secondary again just because they are rookies. If they are in this league, they need to play a style that wins in this league and Wade has to be aggressive back there even with the rookies in. Play like your back is against the wall and try to make plays.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Hopefully the adversity experienced and the positive changes will translate into greater team focus and performance in the upcoming games.