Best Ghost Movies of All Time

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies/horror-movies/best-ghost-movies-of-all-time/

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls062609921/

Best GHOST Movies of All Time

Sixth Sense
Poltergeist
Poltergeist 2
Child's Play
Sleepy Hollow
Halloween
The Ring
Pet Semetary
The Shining
The Amittyville Horror
House
Insidious
Beetle Juice
The Curse of La Llorona
The Grudge
House on Haunted Hill

18cfeb210b2ff8c444455c30975ffed3.jpg

c53efaa7b25b5188474cc825f49cb18c.jpg

eb1c67c8b4bf06eab55718ca3352821a.jpg

a3462b80e5ebbd7abc040c6762b7ce01.jpg

df76b987bbe29327faaee94ca407d051.jpg

0a7398ed37a6ae2ec57728858b164b4a.jpg

9eb11302aa110b74934d4b6706efce50.jpg

0ec929811ebbf5f2fdfc37aea6a0eeb0.jpg

3e445535d8f215c135bf9d12039b48a7.jpg

86ab28e942022e0cd9d279c30603c9e1.jpg

7cf8c2c0c4eccf5dd5f0157128c3c496.jpg

e942a604f3ca8adbbcc8149630b1f6a5.jpg

6808e8f85b7d2b2c833c8d5fbb55a187.jpg

4661b55f4f637d76711db18796890e4a.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It begins and ends with Ghost and The Sixth Sense for me if the discussion is strictly about ghosts. More movies get thrown into the mix when it is ghosts set within a horror or even extremely suspenseful setting. Maybe it is because spirits seem more "real" to me outside a purposefully and primary scary environment.

There is one film I would add to the latter category:

TdnzIYu.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
the pit and the pendeleum.
the raven.
house of wax.
house on haunted hill.
the haunted palace.
field of dreams.
beetlejuice.
ghost busters.
sleepy hollow.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

quickccc

Reaction score
It begins and ends with Ghost and The Sixth Sense for me if the discussion is strictly about ghosts. More movies get thrown into the mix when it is ghosts set within a horror or even extremely suspenseful setting. Maybe it is because spirits seem more "real" to me outside a purposefully and primary scary environment.

There is one film I would add to the latter category:

TdnzIYu.jpg

I thought about this 80's classic,.. and remember it when i was teens, what i still remain confused is was it a "Demon " entity movie ?
Or was it a "Ghost " entity movie ? It's spirit-related but which one ?

As it was explained by "Angela " in "Night of the Demons" movie.
A Ghost has lived in past human form .. but a Demon has never existed as a human. It's a pure spirit, ..and pure evil.

quickccc

Reaction score
BTW, .. The Blair Witch Project is supposedly very popular still to this very day, ..and kudos to the ones that somehow managed a successful ripoff
at the box office upon it's extremely small budget release,

Me: Not only was i vastly disappointed and felt victim to the' lured " ripoff, but to this very day, The Blair Witch Project, is by far THE most " overrated " horror movies period that i have ever seen.

Blair_Witch_Project.jpg

SlammedZero

Reaction score
When I was just a kid in the 80s this scene from Ghost Story terrified me for years. It’s hilarious to watch now because of the special effects but we didn’t know any better back then.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but this happened to me when I was a kid watching Terminator, when he takes his eye out. I remember being completely freaked out by the scene. Now, looking back, it's so cheesy and you can clearly see the amount of fake skin and makeup he is wearing (of course this also might be a dummy/robot too). lol I guess that's part of what gives the movie it's 80s charm though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought about this 80's classic,.. and remember it when i was teens, what i still remain confused is was it a "Demon " entity movie ?
Or was it a "Ghost " entity movie ? It's spirit-related but which one ?

As it was explained by "Angela " in "Night of the Demons" movie.
A Ghost has lived in past human form .. but a Demon has never existed as a human. It's a pure spirit, ..and pure evil.
Hmm. Well, Angela's explanation frames The Entity as a demon. The antagonist does not have a backstory, so there is no way of knowing its origin.

I disagree with her though. It seemed to me like some random rapist died somewhere and returned with a hideous grudge against Barbara Hershey's character. It attacked her physically but never took possession of her mind and body. For me, demons take over and contort your body into a pretzel or twist your head 360 degrees.

I wonder if Angela would define The Headless Horseman as a ghost or a demon? He was a soldier before getting decapitated. Then he returned from the dead. That would make him a ghost.

Of course, The Headless Horseman's main goal was lopping off folks' heads. I have always thought that was pure evil.

Ghost? Demon? Ghost-e-mon? SAVE ME PICAKU! I'm confused. My brain hurts. oh well. Back to work.

quickccc

Reaction score
Hmm. Well, Angela's explanation frames The Entity as a demon. The antagonist does not have a backstory, so there is no way of knowing its origin.

I disagree with her though. It seemed to me like some random rapist died somewhere and returned with a hideous grudge against Barbara Hershey's character. It attacked her physically but never took possession of her mind and body. For me, demons take over and contort your body into a pretzel or twist your head 360 degrees.

I wonder if Angela would define The Headless Horseman as a ghost or a demon? He was a soldier before getting decapitated. Then he returned from the dead. That would make him a ghost.

Of course, The Headless Horseman's main goal was lopping off folks' heads. I have always thought that was pure evil.

Ghost? Demon? Ghost-e-mon? SAVE ME PICAKU! I'm confused. My brain hurts. oh well. Back to work.

Hmmm, ..So between Angela's explanation and @DallasEast questionaire , would that make the infamous Freddy Kruger .... Ghost ? ,,,, Demon ? ... or Ghost-e-mon ?

I listed the Headless Horseman in this Ghost- thread as ...well ... a ghost.. :p

Freddy Kruger
220px-Freddy_Krueger_%28Robert_Englund%29.jpg

Headless Horseman
220px-Headless_Horseman_Film_Poster.jpg

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Scary Movie 2.

"Damn why that loud batch gotta bring that shiite over here?" Okay let that shiite just mutilate her white arse and leave.

"Brenda were gonna die."

"It would have just been you if you could have just shut the feck up."

:lmao:

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BTW, .. The Blair Witch Project is supposedly very popular still to this very day, ..and kudos to the ones that somehow managed a successful ripoff
at the box office upon it's extremely small budget release,

Me: Not only was i vastly disappointed and felt victim to the' lured " ripoff, but to this very day, The Blair Witch Project, is by far THE most " overrated " horror movies period that i have ever seen.

Blair_Witch_Project.jpg

I liked it.

But by the time I watched it, the "ghost was out of the bag" let's say.

Everyone knew it was a "work" (to use prowrestling terminology).

That being said the marketer in me applauded the approach by the folks behind the movie.

The story is good... It's a fine story.

The acting was solid. Those folks acting the way I would expect someone in that situation to act.

I don't think it's the greatest horror film of all-time, but I feel the 6.5 score it has on IMDB is pretty much on the money.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I was just a kid in the 80s this scene from Ghost Story terrified me for years. It’s hilarious to watch now because of the special effects but we didn’t know any better back then.

Yeah, the special effects weren't up to today's standards, but the story was solid.

And the list of actors–amazing!