CFZ Best home win streak since 1979-1981

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With their convincing drubbing of the hated e-girls, the Cowboys are three home wins away from tying their all time record for consecutive wins at home. The record is 18 consecutive home wins, which was set between 1979-81, and it included two QBs- the great Roger Staubach and the underrated Danny White.

Anyone remember when AT&T was not a home field advantage? That script has flipped the last few years under Mike McCarthy. Look at the home records of the last two Cowboys HCs:
  • Mike McCarthy: 24-8(75% at home- includes a 15 game win streak)
  • Jason Garrett: 43-32 (57% at home, and was 20-16 at home in last 5 seasons)
Big Mac is also 34-13 in his last 47 games as HC.

1942willys

Reaction score
With their convincing drubbing of the hated e-girls, the Cowboys are three home wins away from tying their all time record for consecutive wins at home. The record is 18 consecutive home wins, which was set between 1979-81, and it included two QBs- the great Roger Staubach and the underrated Danny White.

Anyone remember when AT&T was not a home field advantage? That script has flipped the last few years under Mike McCarthy. Look at the home records of the last two Cowboys HCs:
  • Mike McCarthy: 24-8(75% at home- includes a 15 game win streak)
  • Jason Garrett: 43-32 (57% at home, and was 20-16 at home in last 5 seasons)
Big Mac is also 34-13 in his last 47 games as HC.
The Big Guy is clearly a much better HC then ginger. Which is what we needed for so long.
However remember this about 79-81: WE did not win any more trophies despite having such an incredible roster overall. We had arguably the best DL ever for the boys and a lot of skill talent but we kept falling just short. Most blame White but I am not so sure.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Big Guy is clearly a much better HC then ginger. Which is what we needed for so long.
However remember this about 79-81: WE did not win any more trophies despite having such an incredible roster overall. We had arguably the best DL ever for the boys and a lot of skill talent but we kept falling just short. Most blame White but I am not so sure.
Good point. I think the Cowboys didn’t win a Lombardi between that time because there were two teams that grudgingly I will admit were just better- Pitts and SF.

In Jan ‘79 in SB XIII we had a chance to beat Pitts and lost that heartbreaker 35-31. Then in ‘81, we lost the NFC championship game to a young Joe Montana and the niners 28-27 in one of the other big heartbreakers in Cowboys history. Danny White was really good in ‘80-‘85, taking us to 3 straight NFC championships but just couldn’t get us over the hump.

CCBoy

Reaction score
His assembled coaches are capable and leaders.

I don't like the special teams losing focus and getting burned. Here and now. What a kicker...but score TD's.

1942willys

Reaction score
Good point. I think the Cowboys didn’t win a Lombardi between that time because there were two teams that grudgingly I will admit we’re just better- Pitts and SF.

In Jan ‘79 in SB XIII we had a chance to beat Pitts and lost that heartbreaker 35-31. Then in ‘81, we lost the NFC championship game to a young Joe Montana and the niners 28-27 in one of the other big heartbreakers in Cowboys history. Danny White was really good in ‘80-‘85, taking us to 3 straight NFC championships but just couldn’t get us over the hump.
I was so frustrated back then; the Boys had it all but could not quite close the deal. I guess it just was not meant to be

1942willys

Reaction score
His assembled coaches are capable and leaders.

I don't like the special teams losing focus and getting burned. Here and now. What a kicker...but score TD's.
ST has made some plays but needs more consistency. We just so lucked out with Aubrey.