Best NFL Season of the Decade?

rcaldw

Reaction score
I think, as a Cowboys fan, this might be the most enjoyable season I've had in the decade. We are good enough that we are going to the playoffs and might be hot enough to actually make a run at it. At the same time you have several outstanding teams that are very enjoyable to watch. (Chargers, Colts, Saints, Vikings, etc.) You have the whole Favre story in Minnesota, yet the Packers are pretty good too. You have a former Cowboy, Norv Turner, doing a great job in San Diego. I don't think Romo has ever looked better. You have two teams making a run at undefeated for awhile. You had the Vince Young comeback. You have Chris Johnson going for 2,000 yards.

Just a great season to end the decade on.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't agree if we weren't going to the playoffs.

The years with Priest Holmes/TO/Moss/Ray Lew were the most exciting IMO.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
This year and 2007, our success notwithstanding.

2003 was pretty fun as well.

The Panch

Reaction score
Nope. My dislike for the Patriots and Steelers is too strong, and with New England winning their division, and the Steelers possibly squeaking in as a wildcard, I'll still be annoyed by their existance in the AFC playoffs.

Benny Blue Boy

Reaction score
I agree...a lot more sub-stories and things going on. Every year it gets more and more with the sub-stories and things and the everyone in the world knows a head coach is gonna get fired before it even happens. Even with the small market teams we know EVERYTHING now. I imagine in about 10 years we'll be able to watch Tony Romo(or whoevers the cool or hot or whatever player of the moment) 24/7 via our cell phones or something. I love it, but there's is not one thing about the NFL that's left to the imagination anymore. I tune in as we all do, but man the NFL has gotten ungodly popular hasn't it?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
This year's team is the most likeable of the decade. The most talented too.

I really enjoyed Parcells' press conferences, though.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
otero1;3181215 said:
I agree. College Football is such an afterthought this year.

college football has been an afterthought for several years

the product itself is poor, and the problem is worsened with this ridiculous BCS garbage and the number (and way) bowls are set up

I used to love college football, now I honestly dont give a rip

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
There are just too many Bowl games....

By the way who's playing n the National Dry Cleaners assn. Steam Press Bowl....