Best Rookie Impact Player Since 1973, 50 Years

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Nominations:

Tony Dorsett: he took the team over the top to champs, as the first blazing speed RB ever, a threat to take it to the house on every down
Emmitt Smith, instant star on reborn team
Zach Martin and Travis Frederick, both instant OL stars their first year
Everson Walls, CB, led league in INT's in 1981
Dak Prescott, behind great OL and Zeke's best year
Demarcus Ware, flashed instant pash rush skills
Tyron Smith, master ROT as rookie, then move to Hall of Fame career at LT

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
CJ Stroud has had the best rookie QB season in NFL history on stats alone. Not to mention the Texans are on the doorstep of making the playoffs after being the second worst team in the NFL last year.
I think we're talkin Cowboys rookies based on the OP's examples.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nominations:

Tony Dorsett: he took the team over the top to champs, as the first blazing speed RB ever, a threat to take it to the house on every down
Emmitt Smith, instant star on reborn team
Zach Martin and Travis Frederick, both instant OL stars their first year
Everson Walls, CB, led league in INT's in 1981
Dak Prescott, behind great OL and Zeke's best year
Demarcus Ware, flashed instant pash rush skills
Tyron Smith, master ROT as rookie, then move to Hall of Fame career at LT
I'm sorry but it's Ezekiel Elliott had a rookie season better than Emmett Smith and Tony Dorsett put together... Over 1600 yards and his impact was helping a fourth round quarterback get rookie of the year and make it to the playoffs win 11 games in a row and a 13 game season literally leaving him off is just a hater thing to do and I know it's your list but Ezekiel elliott's impact on this team his first four years was obvious... So giving credit to Prescott should be flip-flopped that should have went to Ezekiel Elliott you don't put up numbers like that as a rookie running back and not win rookie of the year.... And think about this hey Elliot not been suspended in 2017 he would have had three straight rushing titles coming out of college after back-to-back 1800 yard seasons in college this most underrated Dallas cowboy of all time I don't understand why he's so misunderstood and swept under the rug like he didn't have a great career...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Eric Dickerson deserves a mention. But I’d take TD or Emmitt because they’re Cowboys.

plasticman

Reaction score
Only one player in Cowboys history started every game his rookie season while making the Pro Bowl as well as 1st team All-Pro.

That player was Guard Zack Martin in 2014. This was the same season DeMarco Murray set a new Cowboys single season rushing record. This was also the only season Tony Romo was the NFL leader in passer rating.

Three other Cowboys that started almost every game their rookie season while making the Pro Bowl and 1st team All Pro is Micah Parsons, Ezekiel Elliot and Calvin Hill.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Best Cowboys rookie seasons the last 50 years? Here are some sleepers:
  • Everson Walls- 1981- had 11 INTs! (NFL record)
  • Michael Downs- 1981
  • Nick Folk- 2007
  • Dan Bailey 2011
  • Micah Parsons 2021 (not really a sleeper)
well, if you're going to add that many kickers you might as well just put the best rookie season of all time by a kicker is right now Brandon Aubrey,,, he's one game away from being perfect like making every field goal give me three extra points but I don't think you're going to find a better rookie kicker ever....