Better now than later

playmakers

Reaction score
We better get our heads out of our keister's now rather than in December. What we all thought has come true; this team is living off last year's success. Bradie James and several other players pretty much confirmed this with their quotes this week. They figure they can just walk onto the field and teams will lay down for them. The best thing for us was that Romo got injured.

Lets just say Romo doesnt get hurt for a second. In addition, say we beat Arizona last week if he doesnt hurt his hand in the middle of the game and we beat the Rams with him this week like 34-31. That would of put us 6-1 and everything would appear to be golden at Valley Ranch. Wade would say were 6-1 and you cant argue with that. All the players will still be on their high horse and Jerry would be complimenting the coaching staff. They would use quotes such as "were 8th in overall defense" or "our defense is playing well if you take away the 2 big plays we gave up." Stupid quotes like that. We might be 8th in overall defense but does it mean we can stop someone when we need to? Or, does it mean we will give up less points? It just means yardage wise were 8th overall which to me means nothing. But in this scenario we as fans would know this already that we wouldnt be okay.

Our team will play unispired for the rest of the season and because of the offense we go 13-3. We would win alot of games 27-24 or something like 35-31. The real season then begins and when we step into round two of the playoffs we would find ourselves in the midst of a gigantic storm. Our offense will be contained to a point and for once in the season we must rely on our defense to win us a game. When we rely on that defense they come up short and we go home early again. Not very much fun huh?

With our team in somewhat disarray right now and with most of our fanbase about to have a nervous breakdown, I think we forget to realize this is a good thing that is happening right now. What is the one thing that everyone says we are lacking? Character! Toughness! Mental Stabilty! Last season there were no oppourunities to build this. Every time we had some adversity we had a good excuse for it. Owens was hurt. We had nothing to play for. etc. etc. Right now after getting shlacked by the Rams we are in the midst of alleviating our last, but final, flaw getting to the Superbowl. All the excuses have been used and there are no more. Its time for these players to look in the mirror and decide for themselves which way they want to go. We all know the talent is there its jsut time for them to live up to it. Hitting rock bottom Sunday will only build this teams character by leaps and bounds. We will turn it around and it will start Sunday.

In closing, I guess the point Im trying to get across is Romo hid alot of peoples flaws for them. If he stayed healthy none of our coaches would had been exposed and our players would have still been on their cocky attitude for who knows how much longer. Since he got hurt it was the defenses turn to step it up along with Brian Stewart and they showed what we already knew about them, they were frauds. Now Wade is calling the defenses and every coach is on notice. Thats not a bad thing. With the coaches being afraid and coaching their butts off it should help reduce pentalys. Should... Last, the players just had a reality check and that cant be a bad thing either. If Romo stays healthy I dont know if we would of found out the negatives until the absolute worst time, the playoffs. The season is not over and even though we might be 5-5 after the Commander game this team will learn by then what hard work and grittiness is. Were probably lose alot of 17-13, 13-10, 14-9 games but the defense will get a blue collar attitude that is needed. When Romo comes back our defense will be use to having to hold teams to under 20 to win. Our offense will be back to scoring 27-34 points a week and going into the playoffs we will be ready. Its a long season guys have some patience.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Well, after composing an article, I think your effort deserves some response.

I've stated something along these lines in previous threads here and abroad, and feel there is much truth in what you are saying. I'd still rather have a healthy Romo and a 6 and 1 record, cocky attitude or not.

As you said, at least there is some good that will come of this, and I think it will stick with us throughout the play-offs. Yes that's right I said the play-offs. And as we all know, that's when our house needs to be in order.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2370086 said:
You got that right!

Ha, CrazyCowboy has thousands of posts, all consisting of about as many words as you put into this one. :D

playmakers

Reaction score
Yeah, I really think as fans we're really thinking the worse when in reality its only a bad 3 game stretch. Im watching the 05 Steelers on NFL network right now and they lost 3 in a row late in the season only to rebound. I think we should give the team some time.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
playmakers;2370891 said:
Yeah, I really think as fans we're really thinking the worse when in reality its only a bad 3 game stretch. Im watching the 05 Steelers on NFL network right now and they lost 3 in a row late in the season only to rebound. I think we should give the team some time.

Man this team has had what, 7-8 months worth of time? They haven't improved from last year. IMO, their worse. How much time do we give all this "awesome" talent to do their J-O-B. I betcha Georgia would give Dallas a run for their money right now.