Beware McNabb

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
McNabb is a great and under-rated quarterback. The Eagles will regret it if Donavan leaves Philly.

McNabb will have something to say about the wildcard in two weeks and we better be ready.

Three all-pro quarterbacks, all with fan bases that are strangely critical:
-Garcia, classy guy, multiple time all-pro, currently #3 in NFC
-McNabb, classy guy, multiple time all-pro, currently#7 or so (+tonight)
-Romo, classy guy, multiple time all-pro, #1 in NFC

So why do these three don't get much respect? What do they have in common besides being awesome... Hmmm.....

Anyway...Props to Donavan. Classy guy. Poor guy was booed when drafted, had to deal with T.O., and had the misfortune of playing in an ugly city.

I respect him...but in two weeks it is war.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2498453 said:
McNabb is a great and under-rated quarterback. The Eagles will regret it if Donavan leaves Philly.

McNabb will have something to say about the wildcard in two weeks and we better be ready.

So why do these three don't get much respect? What do they have in common besides being awesome... Hmmm.....

Anyway...Props to Donavan. Classy guy. Poor guy was booed when drafted, had to deal with T.O., and had the misfortune of playing in an ugly city.

If McNabb leaves, it'll be b/c he's due $10m next year. You know how the Eagles are cheap and do their best not to overpay players over 30 years old.

Plus I don't think Reid will want to admit that he (may have)screwed up drafting Kolb.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
He has a penchant for choking in big games. Bring his underachieving *** on.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2498453 said:

Too much of an inferiority complex, and a TO-like sense of holding onto perceived slights for too long.

adamc91115

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2498453 said:

I stopped reading after the 3 lies you stated in your opening sentence.

McNabb is an average but over-rated quarterback. The Eagles will be a better franchise when McNabb is off the their team.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
adamc91115;2498480 said:
I stopped reading after the 3 lies you stated in your opening sentence.

McNabb is an average but over-rated quarterback. The Eagles will be a better franchise when McNabb is off the their team.

I disagree. If they get rid of McNabb this year with no plan for replacement aside from Kolb, they're going to be in the basement of the NFC East for a while.

And I'm okay with that :laugh2:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
juckie;2498485 said:
Beware of troll.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

RoadRunner

Reaction score
casmith07;2498487 said:
I disagree. If they get rid of McNabb this year with no plan for replacement aside from Kolb, they're going to be in the basement of the NFC East for a while.

And I'm okay with that :laugh2:

I don't really get the impression that Eagles fans want Kolb as the starter for a few years. They want a fresh QB. Easier said than done.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2498491 said:
I don't really get the impression that Eagles fans want Kolb as the starter for a few years. They want a fresh QB. Easier said than done.

He was also a Reid pick-he caught AR's eye at the Univ of Houston when he was a freshman.

Pt being that Reid put alot of time in scouting him, I can't imagine him admitting that he wasted a #2 pick.

I agree with the OP, McNabb is a Pro Bowl QB...the main problems with that team in the last couple of years has been Andy Reid. Whether it's bringing his dirty laundry to the team(i.e. his sons getting in trouble with the law), or his overrated pass-happy playbook, or his horrible clock management skills, or having less than stellar drafts, or making bad personnel decisions during the year only to making the right moves later but it's already too late by then, etc.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I hate the Eagles but I admire Westbrook and McNabb. I hope McNabb has an bad game real soon. Like his next one.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Westbrook is fine, but his "they didn't respect us" line from last December was gay.

McNabb I have no respect for, total loser

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2498453 said:

There should be some sort of test one has to pass before being able to start threads in this forum.:banghead:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LandryFan;2498535 said:
There should be some sort of test one has to pass before being able to start threads in this forum.:banghead:

He's no different from a lot of those started here.