Biggems thoughts on the game

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Positives....

1. The passing game went well, Romo got several players involved and 3 players scored TDs. Romo also had tons of time to throw the ball.

2. Nick Folk was once again on in the kicking game. He made his FGs and PATs. He did a heck of a job on kickoffs. He also had one heck of an onside kick....too bad Hurd couldn't keep his hands on the ball.

Negatives....

1. A gameplan that calls for Barber to only get 8 rushes. A gameplan that excludes Felix Jones from touching the ball. A gameplan that doesn't try to establish any type or running game. There were entire drives, all 3 and out, when we didn't even run the ball a single time. That is horrible, inexcusable playcalling

2. Zone defense allowing the skins to get huge chunks of yardage down the field. It was a great gameplan to allow Moss, Randle El, and Cooley to run around wide open all game. It worked wonders.

3. Our run defense was completely pathetic. Portis made us look like a bunch of semi-pros.

4. Poor tackling on defense and special teams

5. Losing the turnover battle yet again. Our defense completely sucks when it comes to forcing turnovers. Tony's INT came right after Springs went out with cramps....instead of trying to burn them for a quick, deep pass, we throw that stupid out and it gets picked off.

6. Having crappy footing at home and not being able to correct it. The equipment manager should be fined for this nonsense. I can forgive this happening on the road, but not in our own house.

7. I am all for trying to get the ball to TO....but no need to force the issue. I think that hurt the offense for a few drives during the game

8. McBriar was horrible today. I hope today was his Mulligan and he doesn't repeat this performance for the rest of the year.

9. Penalties on the whole, were not too bad today...we improved. However, that stupid 12 man penalty was a complete killer for us. It was such a moronic penalty and should never happen right after a timeout.

10. WE LOST TO THE FLIPPIN SKINS

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
tripletsbestever;2292946 said:
it was hurd who had a shot at the onside kick

thanks....i corrected it......i guess i typed austin cause i was hoping Austin would have been the one going for the ball......either him or TO.....

still, we were so close to recovering that ball. remember that Benson guy we used to have, he was like 6'10 and we would put him on FG units to block kicks....he would have been perfect for onside kick coverage.

tripletsbestever

Reaction score
yeah, we really were close to recovering, but we shouldnt have been in that position in the first place.......*sigh* oh well, bring on Cincinatti

Boysboy

Reaction score
tripletsbestever;2294650 said:
yeah, we really were close to recovering, but we shouldnt have been in that position in the first place.......*sigh* oh well, bring on Cincinatti

It should have never come down to that. Even if we didn't have 12 men on the field, Suisham would have nailed that 50 yarder anyways.

Pt being that this is a TEAM sport-we just played poorly today all around. Say what you want about Newman. Say what you want about TO pouting. Say what you want about how lethargic our D was. Say all you want about Wade's and Garrett's poor game plans. As a TEAM, we just stunk it up today.

Hopefully-everyone will learn from this, and we'll move on.

ologan

Reaction score
Biggems;2292839 said:
Positives....

1. The passing game went well, Romo got several players involved and 3 players scored TDs. Romo also had tons of time to throw the ball.

2. Nick Folk was once again on in the kicking game. He made his FGs and PATs. He did a heck of a job on kickoffs. He also had one heck of an onside kick....too bad Hurd couldn't keep his hands on the ball.

Negatives....

1. A gameplan that calls for Barber to only get 8 rushes. A gameplan that excludes Felix Jones from touching the ball. A gameplan that doesn't try to establish any type or running game. There were entire drives, all 3 and out, when we didn't even run the ball a single time. That is horrible, inexcusable playcalling

2. Zone defense allowing the skins to get huge chunks of yardage down the field. It was a great gameplan to allow Moss, Randle El, and Cooley to run around wide open all game. It worked wonders.

3. Our run defense was completely pathetic. Portis made us look like a bunch of semi-pros.

4. Poor tackling on defense and special teams

5. Losing the turnover battle yet again. Our defense completely sucks when it comes to forcing turnovers. Tony's INT came right after Springs went out with cramps....instead of trying to burn them for a quick, deep pass, we throw that stupid out and it gets picked off.

6. Having crappy footing at home and not being able to correct it. The equipment manager should be fined for this nonsense. I can forgive this happening on the road, but not in our own house.

7. I am all for trying to get the ball to TO....but no need to force the issue. I think that hurt the offense for a few drives during the game

8. McBriar was horrible today. I hope today was his Mulligan and he doesn't repeat this performance for the rest of the year.

9. Penalties on the whole, were not too bad today...we improved. However, that stupid 12 man penalty was a complete killer for us. It was such a moronic penalty and should never happen right after a timeout.

10. WE LOST TO THE FLIPPIN SKINS

:bow: Right on the money! (how do we slip n' slide in our own house?? All they talked about all day was the humidity....Well,at the beginning of the game,they showed the temp in the mid 80's,but the humidity in the 30's??)

FCBarca

Reaction score
Wonder when this goes from being a 'Mulligan' to a full fledged concern because McBriar didn't just give his first subpar performance of the year yesterday...Hope he turns it around because he's going from a team strength to a weakness

links18

Reaction score
FCBarca;2295910 said:
Wonder when this goes from being a 'Mulligan' to a full fledged concern because McBriar didn't just give his first subpar performance of the year yesterday...Hope he turns it around because he's going from a team strength to a weakness

CUT HIM!!!