Biggest Draft busts (so far) from 2008?

DFWJC

Reaction score
With the 2009 draft coming up, it's not a bad idea to get a reminder from the previous year of how humbling the draft can be.

Keeping in mind that we only have one year so far to judge them, who do you think was the biggest draft bust last year in relation to where he was drafted?

I nominate Vernon Gholston, 6th pick overall to the Jets. Again, I'm sure he'll do better this year, but he gave them nothing last year.

Recall that Mayock and many others were slobbering over this guy. He was off the charts at the combine.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DFWJC;2653253 said:
With the 2009 draft coming up, it's not a bad idea to get a reminder from the previous year of how humbling the draft can be.

Keeping in mind that we only have one year so far to judge them, who do you think was the biggest draft bust last year in relation to where he was drafted?

I nominate Vernon Gholston, 6th pick overall to the Jets. Again, I'm sure he'll do better this year, but he gave them nothing last year.

Recall that Mayock and many others were slobbering over this guy. He was off the charts at the combine.

I don't think you qualify a guy as a bust in one year, like you said, but I'd agree Vernon was probably the biggest train wreck.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I should know this, but does anyone know what type of season Kentwan Balmar had?
Also, any assessments on Antoine Cason ( a big CZ fav by some), Lawrence Jackson and Talib (another CZ sector fav)?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too early to tell. Sometimes it takes a player a couple of years to get it or to get in the right NFL shape.

DFWJC

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2653455 said:
Too early to tell. Sometimes it takes a player a couple of years to get it or to get in the right NFL shape.

That's for sure. I was keeping in the very limited context of last year's performance with a disclaimer to how the career will develop.

Yeah, I do see the inherent flaw in that, but a lot of the discussions about who we should draft revolve around getting near term help, so i thought it was a perspective to check out.