Biggest PR Blunders in Jerry Jones Era?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Jerry Jones: "Quincy Carter Was Romo Without Mental Prowess" 2010 while on the Ticket Radio Show. :facepalm:

Another good random quote. I listen mostly to the coach conferences, and don't hear all thesee, thanks for the random Jerry-Statements all. Good stuff.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Keep believing that.... Jimmy likes to make history and would have given his right arm to do it.....going for a threepeat or even fourpeat was on his mind, no way was he gonna give that up. Unless he got pushed out and relieved of his duties. Jimmy worked too long and hard to build that team into a SB contender, he was not gonna go try build another team somewhere else whether it was Jax or Miami...
Keep believing what you want but Jimmy has said repeatedly he didn’t get fired. He said it prior to his ROH induction. If you don’t believe him then don’t. He and Jerry were having a power struggle and Jimmy wanted out so they mutually agreed to part ways. Jimmy even expressed interest in coaching Jax, which really angered Jerry. Jerry was hoping Jimmy would simply resign but he wanted compensation so they came to an agreement.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You are giving the fans WAY too much credit. Almost every thread we have at least ONE post saying how DUMB Cowboys fans are.

You actually think Garrett made "the decision"? Dude...

For the record...what playoff games did Romo choke on?
Someone posted a thread here not too long ago that told the Romo/Dak bench story from Jason Witten. Mostly the players in the locker room made Dak their guy. Then Garrett backed them up.

Nothing unusual about what happened. Older QB gets hurt, younger hungry guys takes the job and never lets go. Don't know why fans act like it was unusual.

Just disappointing because Dak never produced anything more than Romo. Whole point of that kind of benching is you thinking you have the QB who will lead the team further.

Just gone done watching Patriots: The Dynasty on Apple + -- 10 episode documentary about Patriots Dynasty -- A lot of that stuff that happened the season Brady replaced Bledsoe reminds me of Dak replacing Romo. Wish we could have ended up with even 25% of what they eventually got with him. LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone posted a thread here not too long ago that told the Romo/Dak bench story from Jason Witten. Mostly the players in the locker room made Dak their guy. Then Garrett backed them up.

Nothing unusual about what happened. Older QB gets hurt, younger hungry guys takes the job and never lets go. Don't know why fans act like it was unusual.

Just disappointing because Dak never produced anything more than Romo. Whole point of that kind of benching is you thinking you have the QB who will lead the team further.

Just gone done watching Patriots: The Dynasty on Apple + -- 10 episode documentary about Patriots Dynasty -- A lot of that stuff that happened the season Brady replaced Bledsoe reminds me of Dak replacing Romo. Wish we could have ended up with even 25% of what they eventually got with him. LOL
I'm aware of that vague report. We'll all believe what we want.

However....it's extremely, unbelievably...rare for an athlete/employee to speak out against their team...especially a super powerful owner.

I'll go further out on this large sturdy limb, and say Jerry 100% made that decision. And everyone knew it.

Now what do you do if YOU were Jason or Jason?

What makes more sense? ...that?...or Witten voting against his friend?. When it's convenient people say him and Romo were always in cahoots. But now...Witten throws him to the curb?

The choice is simple.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm aware of that vague report. We'll all believe what we want.

However....it's extremely, unbelievably...rare for an athlete/employee to speak out against their team...especially a super powerful owner.

I'll go further out on this large sturdy limb, and say Jerry 100% made that decision. And everyone knew it.

Now what do you do if YOU were Jason or Jason?
Believe what we want? It's from Jason Witten. LOL

Mcsports

Reaction score
You are giving the fans WAY too much credit. Almost every thread we have at least ONE post saying how DUMB Cowboys fans are.

You actually think Garrett made "the decision"? Dude...

For the record...what playoff games did Romo choke on?
Dropping the hold on a point blank field goal attempt.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Quincy Carter draft drove me nuts. First trading 2 first round picks for Joey Galloway. Then trading like a pirate on the run up and down only to come away with an awful draft class. Who can forget Colston Weatherington? but I think all the Jerry low-lights were covered by everyone else.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
"All In" is the worst... but “I want me some **********” is the funniest