Bills GM Donahoe and HC Mularky Might Both Be FIRED Because Of Bledsoe Decision..

KingTuna

Reaction score
Looks like Donahoe and Mularky might BOTH be fired as a direct result of letting Drew Bledsoe leave.... :laugh2: THANKS AGAIN BUFFALO!! WE APPRECIATE IT!! :laugh2:

Buffalo's stampede heading to nowhere
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff | December 12, 2005
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...5/12/12/buffalos_stampede_heading_to_nowhere/

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- It has hit rock bottom for the Bills.

You can't squander a 23-3 lead in the fourth quarter and lose to Miami in hot weather one week, then return home in cold and snow and get wiped off the field by the Patriots. The prelude to yesterday's game wasn't so hot, either, when the Bills suspended usually rock-solid receiver Eric Moulds.

Bills coach Mike Mularkey and general manager Tom Donahoe are under fire. It remains to be seen whether one or both will go, but you can bet things will look a lot different in Buffalo next season. A team that was expected to contend for the AFC East title has gone belly-up. At 4-9, the Bills are mentally decimated.

''Obviously, it was a poor performance," said Mularkey after the 35-7 shellacking by New England in the snow. ''Disappointing. It seems like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, all the way to the end."

Mularkey, who seemed to tear up a bit during his news conference, was asked how far he thinks the Bills are from the Patriots. It's a question that has been asked often of Bills personnel the last four years.

''If we play like that, we're a long ways away," Mularkey said. ''If we hadn't had a chance to play them earlier this year [a more respectable 21-16 loss], then I'd question our team, but I know we're better than that."

Mularkey didn't help himself. His team going nowhere, and trailing, 21-0, late in the third quarter, Mularkey sent in the field goal unit on a fourth and 11 at the Patriots' 14, to a large round of boos. Rian Lindell missed the 32-yard attempt, and the boos became even louder.

Then there's J.P. Losman.

The quarterback the Bills decided to keep in lieu of Drew Bledsoe has been performing poorly. He was blitzed constantly by an aggressive Patriots defense that sacked him twice and knocked him down often. He threw three interceptions, and completed only 10 of 27 attempts for 181 yards and one touchdown for a 33.6 rating.

He noted after the game he'd never played in snow.

''This was my first time," said Losman. ''I learned a lot about playing in the snow. It didn't really affect the ball, my hand, or anything like that as much as it would have seemed. Some balls got away from me, but I don't think the weather had anything to do with that."

The killer was an interception he threw into the end zone and into the arms of Asante Samuel on Buffalo's second possession of the game. The Bills might have turned their fate around if Losman had hit that pass.

''Early on, if I hit those quick gains, maybe they wouldn't have rushed so quickly," Losman said. ''I could have helped our offensive line a lot by making those throws, maybe anticipating a little better. All those things, before I even critique anyone else, I have to point the finger at myself first. You have to ask yourself, 'Did I do my job as far as helping this team win today?' I didn't help my team as much as they counted on me to do."

Donahoe was asked whether the Moulds incident, in which he was suspended a game for conduct detrimental to the team, played a factor in the Bills' dismal play.

''It's hard to say," Donahoe said. ''Mike [Mularkey] did what he had to do. It was the right decision to make. Players have to put that aside and concentrate on the game."

© Copyright 2005 Globe Newspaper Company.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
KingTuna said:
Looks like Donahoe and Mularky might BOTH be fired as a direct result of letting Drew Bledsoe leave.... :laugh2: THANKS AGAIN BUFFALO!! WE APPRECIATE IT!! :laugh2:

Buffalo's stampede heading to nowhere
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff | December 12, 2005
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...5/12/12/buffalos_stampede_heading_to_nowhere/

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- It has hit rock bottom for the Bills.

You can't squander a 23-3 lead in the fourth quarter and lose to Miami in hot weather one week, then return home in cold and snow and get wiped off the field by the Patriots. The prelude to yesterday's game wasn't so hot, either, when the Bills suspended usually rock-solid receiver Eric Moulds.

Bills coach Mike Mularkey and general manager Tom Donahoe are under fire. It remains to be seen whether one or both will go, but you can bet things will look a lot different in Buffalo next season. A team that was expected to contend for the AFC East title has gone belly-up. At 4-9, the Bills are mentally decimated.

''Obviously, it was a poor performance," said Mularkey after the 35-7 shellacking by New England in the snow. ''Disappointing. It seems like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, all the way to the end."

Mularkey, who seemed to tear up a bit during his news conference, was asked how far he thinks the Bills are from the Patriots. It's a question that has been asked often of Bills personnel the last four years.

''If we play like that, we're a long ways away," Mularkey said. ''If we hadn't had a chance to play them earlier this year [a more respectable 21-16 loss], then I'd question our team, but I know we're better than that."

Mularkey didn't help himself. His team going nowhere, and trailing, 21-0, late in the third quarter, Mularkey sent in the field goal unit on a fourth and 11 at the Patriots' 14, to a large round of boos. Rian Lindell missed the 32-yard attempt, and the boos became even louder.

Then there's J.P. Losman.

The quarterback the Bills decided to keep in lieu of Drew Bledsoe has been performing poorly. He was blitzed constantly by an aggressive Patriots defense that sacked him twice and knocked him down often. He threw three interceptions, and completed only 10 of 27 attempts for 181 yards and one touchdown for a 33.6 rating.

''This was my first time," said Losman. ''I learned a lot about playing in the snow. It didn't really affect the ball, my hand, or anything like that as much as it would have seemed. Some balls got away from me, but I don't think the weather had anything to do with that."

The killer was an interception he threw into the end zone and into the arms of Asante Samuel on Buffalo's second possession of the game. The Bills might have turned their fate around if Losman had hit that pass.

''Early on, if I hit those quick gains, maybe they wouldn't have rushed so quickly," Losman said. ''I could have helped our offensive line a lot by making those throws, maybe anticipating a little better. All those things, before I even critique anyone else, I have to point the finger at myself first. You have to ask yourself, 'Did I do my job as far as helping this team win today?' I didn't help my team as much as they counted on me to do."

Donahoe was asked whether the Moulds incident, in which he was suspended a game for conduct detrimental to the team, played a factor in the Bills' dismal play.

''It's hard to say," Donahoe said. ''Mike [Mularkey] did what he had to do. It was the right decision to make. Players have to put that aside and concentrate on the game."

© Copyright 2005 Globe Newspaper Company.

I felt Mularkey was not that good to begin with. Bledsoe took the blame and was sent packing and the truth is Mularkey has done more harm to Buffalo than anyone.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
Though he is a lously coach and should be fired, I don't think the decision to let Drew go and hand the reigns over to Losman was a bad one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bootyhunta said:
Though he is a lously coach and should be fired, I don't think the decision to let Drew go and hand the reigns over to Losman was a bad one.

He could not even do that, he started Losman and then benches him and then starts him again. If the reason to get rid of Bledsoe was to allow Losman the chance to develop into a starting QB then he should have just stayed with him through out the course of the season just as the Giants did with Manning

wileedog

Reaction score
bootyhunta said:

It is if you continue to utterly ignore a bad offensive line, which was 90% of the problem they were having with Drew anyway.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
No-they should be fired for giving up a goldmine for a POS QB.

In all fairness though-it probably wasn't as bad as the Hershel Walker trade. :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If they fire Mularky they better promote Jerry Grey in a hurry before someone else gets him.

Hiero

Reaction score
deserve to be fired. Their whole team sucks the OL is horrible.

burmafrd

Reaction score
the O line can run block reasonably well but sucks at pass blocking. why anyone would think changing QB's would change THAT is beyond me.

31smackdown

Reaction score

''This was my first time," said Losman. ''I learned a lot about playing in the snow.

Hmmm.... He better get used to snow and wind in a hurry... Buffalo isn't getting any warmer. I think this is also one of the things that is affecting Kyle Orton's development... how the heck do you build any confidence or flow when it's 30 degrees with 15 mph winds for half of your home games. Another reason that these teams should be built on a strong defense and a solid running game.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Patriots have made Bledsoe look bad late in the season, too. Losman is a 2nd year player. He is going to have his bad games. Dooms is right, if you are going to let the young guy play, then let him play, don't replace him with Holcomb. Part of Drew's release was also salary. Holcomb is cheaper as a back up. I too never thought much of Mularky. I was never impressed with the Steelers offense when he was their coordinator.