Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bills return to Buffalo by bus after loss in Cleveland

Associated Press

Updated: December 17, 2007, 12:49 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print

CLEVELAND -- The Buffalo Bills charter plane got stuck in the mud Monday, so the team traveled home by bus.

The pilot took too wide a turn from one taxiway to another at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and the front wheel of the plane got stuck, airport spokeswoman Pat Smith said. The team was not on board the plane.

"It wasn't snowing at the time. We don't know why he did this," Smith said.

The Bills, who lost to the Cleveland Browns 8-0 on Sunday, decided to take charter buses back to Buffalo. The five-bus caravan is expected to arrive by early afternoon.

"Everybody's fine and everybody's anxious to get home," Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said.

The Bills spent Sunday night in Cleveland after their flight was canceled by heavy snow, which also was a factor in the game.

Players were given the rest of the day off and not scheduled back until Wednesday, when they resume practice for the game against the New York Giants in Buffalo's home season finale.

The plane, which got stuck around 8 a.m., was towed out of the mud. It didn't affect other flights.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

FloridaRob

Reaction score
my daughter surprised her boyfriend (who is a Browns fan) with a trip to Cleveland and game tickets yesterday. She just got home and said it was the wierdest game. They had no idea where the runners were on the field, and the conditions were just miserable. They had to drive down to Akron to fly out last night and took about three hours to drive 60 miles because of the conditions.

I am glad I live in the south.....

FloridaRob

Reaction score
And we all think Philly fans are the worse. She said she was close to the Dog Pound and they were pelting a guy in a Bills hat with snowballs until he finally left. Security did nothing.....

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Fitting for the Bills, their offense was stuck in the mud and snow during the game.