Bills | Team focused on Bunkley?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:04:26 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Buffalo Bills sound as though they are focused on taking Florida State DT Brodrick Bunkley with the eighth pick in the first round of next week's NFL Draft. Oregon DT Haloti Ngata is too big and not quick enough for their new Cover 2 defensive scheme, which needs quicker defensive linemen. The Bills could be tempted to trade down a few spots if they get the right offer and still be in position to come up with Bunkley.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:04:26 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Buffalo Bills sound as though they are focused on taking Florida State DT Brodrick Bunkley with the eighth pick in the first round of next week's NFL Draft. Oregon DT Haloti Ngata is too big and not quick enough for their new Cover 2 defensive scheme, which needs quicker defensive linemen. The Bills could be tempted to trade down a few spots if they get the right offer and still be in position to come up with Bunkley.

Clayton is about a month late with this "scoop".

I love how everyone is flailing at straws right about now. And the NFL GMs are laughing at all of them.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
If you want a shot at Wimbley, Bunkley to the Bills is a good thing. Then Cleveland takes Ngata. Miami still could take him and NE could trade up. But it would improve our odds.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Some eval's I've seen on Bunkley say he is good for the 4-3 teams but not the right player to play NT in a 3-4. Ngata ofcourse would be great but he is long gone by our pick.
So someone grabbing Bunkley prior to us is fine.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
If you want a shot at Wimbley, Bunkley to the Bills is a good thing. Then Cleveland takes Ngata. Miami still could take him and NE could trade up. But it would improve our odds.
I HOPE Cleveland takes Wimbley. Ngata to us would be a steal.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
I HOPE Cleveland takes Wimbley. Ngata to us would be a steal.

I agree but there's a much better chance of Wimbley falling to 18 than Ngata.

Woods

Reaction score
I remember when Wilfork fell to the Pats a couple years ago.

Not many people had him falling that low.

That said, Ngata is a long shot. :D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I hope the big Oregon man falls to us...;
I hope the same. I can do just as good with Mark Anderson or Chris Gocong on this roster, if it meant getting Ngata.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Everyone is pretty high on Wimbley, but the fits into the "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" category. I don't want to bank on his "potential" withour 1st round pick. 2nd, OK, but not 1st.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
No way Wilfork falls out of the top 10.

Where did he end up getting drafted?

Its possible, but unlikely IMO.

However, Buffalo controls the draft. Bunkley, Ngata, Justice, Huff.... things could get real interesting.