Bland Breaks Cowboys Record

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure if this was posted already so if late to the party delete it. His 3 pick 6's in a season are a Cowboys record and he is 1 away from tying Eric Allen, Jim Kearney, and Ken Houston for the league record of 4. Obviously 2 away from owning the record. Pretty impressive for a 5th round pick!

Motorola

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted already so if late to the party delete it. His 3 pick 6's in a season are a Cowboys record and he is 1 away from tying Eric Allen, Jim Kearney, and Ken Houston for the league record of 4. Obviously 2 away from owning the record. Pretty impressive for a 5th round pick!
Eric Allen__NFL All Rookie Team, 3x NFL All-Pro, Philadelphia Eagles 75th Anniversary Team Member and Franchise HOF

Jim Kearney__AFL legendary safety for the AFL Kansas City Chiefs.

Kenny Houston___it would become a novel if I started to list this player's accomplishments and accolades in this post.
I'll just state he's in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame.

Daron Bland, in his nascent career, is exhibiting play that down the line, he could equal the status of those great defensive backs.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Eric Allen__NFL All Rookie Team, 3x NFL All-Pro, Philadelphia Eagles 75th Anniversary Team Member and Franchise HOF

Jim Kearney__AFL legendary safety for the AFL Kansas City Chiefs.

Kenny Houston___it would become a novel if I started to list this player's accomplishments and accolades in this post.
I'll just state he's in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame.

Daron Bland, in his nascent career, is exhibiting play that down the line, he could equal the status of those great defensive backs.
It's pretty wild that he is even in their atmosphere at this stage in his career. I hate our FO but they have been unearthing some gems. If only they could figure out what to do in the 2nd round....

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s been pretty crazy.

Like part of me mentally has been waiting for the “wheels to come off”.

Like did the cowboys really land a pro bowl/ all pro caliber CB in the 5th round last year?

But man he has been an absolute stud from the first time he put on a cowboys uniform.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also leads the league in picks over the time period he has been in the NFL...

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas defense only allowed the Rams 163 passing yards...that will show up this weekend in Philadelphia this Sunday. Now, the Cowboys need to Red Zone up and take the leads...

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Dallas defense only allowed the Rams 163 passing yards...that will show up this weekend in Philadelphia this Sunday. Now, the Cowboys need to Red Zone up and take the leads...
More impressive when you look at the receivers they shut down.

starfan1

Reaction score
To be fair, after getting his contract, Diggs was sticking people this year. May have been making business decisions in the past and once he got paid it wasn't an issue for him any more after having that contract.
I’d agree with this. As frustrated as I was with him in playoff game against San Fran I saw much improvement this year

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Al Harris came here in Diggs' rookie season.

And now Bland.