Bledsoe INT -

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone have video on that play.

I was in shock and depressed for a few days before I could go back to this. The guy who jumped the pass - Believe he's #27 came from under. My guess is Bledsoe made the throw and missed him for whatever reason. Tivo anyone?does that pass get completed if the under guy is not there? Glenn looked in good position on the corner behind him.

Just curious.

NorTex

Reaction score
It would have been an easy completion at about the Seattle 40 yard line.

Trip

Reaction score
Nors said:

I was in shock and depressed for a few days before I could go back to this. The guy who jumped the pass - Believe he's #27 came from under. My guess is Bledsoe made the throw and missed him for whatever reason. Tivo anyone?does that pass get completed if the under guy is not there? Glenn looked in good position on the corner behind him.

Just curious.

I've got it on tivo, the pass probably gets completed if Babineaux doesn't jump it, but Glenn would've had to hold on, the defender was in position to give him a nice shove if the ball made it there.

First time I've been able to watch any part of that game, and I could barely stomach watching that play again.

goshan

Reaction score
I don't agree.
Look at it again.
There is no way you can say it was an 'easy completion'.
Glenn wasn't open even if the underneath corner wasn't there.
It would have likely been knocked away.

Trip

Reaction score
I did. It definitely would've hit him in the hands, just a question if he could've held on, because he would get hit.

Homerun Trot

Reaction score
Nors said:

My guess is Bledsoe made the throw and missed him for whatever reason.

Yeah after the game Drew said he saw the guy, just didn't get the pass high enough.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If Drew saw the guy thats even worse. There's no way he could have goyt that in there. He might have made the completion if no one under but the D knew with no TO'S we were running a 20 yard out. Busted!

goshan

Reaction score
Nors you are right. He had no chance to fit that ball in between the two defenders.
It was a horendous decision.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I agree - Bledsoe should have air mailed it but he's a fighter - his fault.

After a game of conservative play calling, with 19 seconds and no TO's it was stupid to call a sideline pass. I'd rather have tricked a 20 yard post to center of field and and hustled to spike......even then its all outside FG range.....

Drme2MkBlve

Reaction score
I forget what interview it was with bledsoe but if I can remember correctly, I believe he stated that he was trying to throw the ball away? I could be wrong.

Trip

Reaction score
No way he could have missed that underneath guy... he's right there in plain sight... he just tried to make a perfect throw. But I still think he could have completed it. I've watched several times now (and will never again) and the back guy was in no position to make a play on the ball. He had his back turned until Babineaux caught it. He was in better position to take Glenn's head off.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Nors said:
I agree - Bledsoe should have air mailed it but he's a fighter - his fault.

After a game of conservative play calling, with 19 seconds and no TO's it was stupid to call a sideline pass. I'd rather have tricked a 20 yard post to center of field and and hustled to spike......even then its all outside FG range.....

You are joking right? You HAVE to throw a sideline pass in that situation because you have no timeouts and you can't get into position quickly enough to spike the ball with only 19 seconds left. Also, 20 yards wouldn't have been enough anyway, they needed two pass plays to the sidelines and even then it would have been tough.

followthestar

Reaction score
He should have thrown it away, or IMO thrown something across the middle to Key who i thought was crossing and was open, then trust him to pick up a few yards before running out of bounds hopefully to give us a shot. Still, in that position you simply have to throw it away if its not there. Go into overtime, win the coin toss or trust your defense to hold and get the ball back. Worst throw i've seen from Drew - worst non-throw was not seeing Witten in the endzone when he bootlegged - easy TD.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it never even should have came to that single play. We should have buried them w/ the 4th and 1, up 7-3. Mr. conservative playcalling didn't help things either. We had 2 turnovers DEEP in their territory and we come up w/ 3 points, that is just plain sad.

notherbob

Reaction score
SteveOS said:
Unfortunately, it never even should have came to that single play. We should have buried them w/ the 4th and 1, up 7-3. Mr. conservative playcalling didn't help things either. We had 2 turnovers DEEP in their territory and we come up w/ 3 points, that is just plain sad.

I agree. The Cowboys lost this game because of the ridiculously stodgy play calling on offense. The "Prevent Offense" of Dallas loses yet another game in an ongoing string of avoidable losses. The "Prevent Offense" shows no confidence at all in the offense. What kind of message does that send? If Parcells truly wants to give his team the best chance of winning, trying to win would seem to be a good place to start, instead of trying not to lose. That is negative motivation.

JMO.

kartr

Reaction score
Nors said:
If Drew saw the guy thats even worse. There's no way he could have goyt that in there. He might have made the completion if no one under but the D knew with no TO'S we were running a 20 yard out. Busted!

That's what I've been saying all along, he makes poor decisions that a rookie would make.