Blogger: Top 100 of all time

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Not a bad list, but as usual, he overrates Montana. His reasoning for it is understandable, but there are several QB's that would've been better than him if they had Rice and the rest of the 49r team. Montana should be somewhere around 15 or so IMO.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
TD22;2388262 said:
no Aikman? no Irvin?

As much as I love those guys, they don't belong in the top 50 IMO. Irvin's intangibles put him pretty close though.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I completely agree with Jerry Rice. Always thought he was the best football player I've seen.

There is an inherent problem with ranking a WR against a QB against a RB. It's just too difficult.

QB effect the game most, any list of best ever football players will always be QB and RB heavy.

BTW - Based on his season, postseason and team's accomplishments, I rank Emmitt Smith 2nd all-time to Rice.

TD22

Reaction score
tomson75;2388266 said:
As much as I love those guys, they don't belong in the top 50 IMO. Irvin's intangibles put him pretty close though.

This list is Top 100 not Top 50

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you can put Steve Young on this list than you gotta have Aikman.

Torry Holt over Irvin too??? mmhmmmmm

Horrible list / sloppy list

Nexx

Reaction score
derrick brooks..... i love LT (Ladanian) but.... yeah... i loved Ronnie Lott but.. hrmm..

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dorsett, Wright, Aikman, and Irvin all deserve the list more than some of the players who made it.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Not a bad list, especially from a young guy who didn't see a lot of them play. These are some I would include that he doesn't: Mike Haynes & Paul Warfield come to mind but overall he did a pretty good job IMO.

Obviously I would rearrange the rankings some but it wasn't bad. He didn't show a lot of bias which is very difficult to do. It also appeared that he was trying very hard to get a good covering of different positions and eras.

I started a thread several years ago on another forum where we could post our all-time 60-man team. It was pretty interesting to see who people picked and why. My own team was the best of course :D but others had some very well thought out selections. It wasn't based solely on who you thought were the best players at each position but who could function together as a team. It wasn't just a ranking but a TEAM you were putting together of any players from any era in their primes. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Anyway, a good list overall.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
Brady is not better than Farve, Elway, Young, and Marino

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why do these guys think they are important enough to make a list like that? The guy has no authority or credibility. The world would be a better place without crap like this.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Future;2388528 said:
Why do these guys think they are important enough to make a list like that? The guy has no authority or credibility. The world would be a better place without crap like this.

You have to be "important" or an "expert" to compile a harmless list? Chill out.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Future;2388528 said:

Well, you should read my list then as I am very important and have both authority and credibility. :cool:

Where's that Hypnotoad when I need him?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Ray Lewis over Walter Payton?

His point on Deion is pretty funny though, lmao.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This is my top 5. I think after the top 5 it is all relative.

1. Jerry Rice
2. Lawrence Taylor
3. Anthony Munoz
4. Jim Brown
5. Walter Payton

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
1. Jerry Rice
2. Otto Graham
3. Lawrence Taylor
4. Jim Brown
5. Emmitt Smith

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Torry Holt?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Not to mention, the guy has trouble staying on track with T.O. because of his "off the field issues" (LOL) but then when it comes to O.J. Simpson, not a PEEP about him murdering his ex-wife and Ron Goldman.