Bob Hayes: Deep Blue: The Fast Lane | Dallas Cowboys 2024

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Bob Hayes is the reason I became a Cowboys fan. He was my first childhood hero as a lil nappy headed boy growing up in Florida. I had the honor of running in the Bob Hayes Invitational meet in high school. My high school (Oak Ridge High School in Orlando) made it to that meet every year. It was a special deal for all of us and remains one of the treasured memories in my life. I was lucky enough to be in attendance at the game when he went into the Ring of Honor. I have always felt a connection to Bullet and always will. It pained me to see his struggles after his playing days were over but none of that should have had any bearing on his being recognized for what he did on the field. For him to have to wait till after his death to be inducted into the Hall. If drugs was an issue then Lawrence Taylor should still be waiting to get in as well. And there were plenty of guys (like LT) who used during their careers. Hayes only turned to that crap after he quit playing and had too much time on his hands. It can be argued that no player in history impacted the game as dramatically as he did. It's good to see him appreciated. Finally.