Twitter: Bob Sturm showing Randall Cobb some love

Zman5

Reaction score
Sturm is a Packers fans so there may be some bias here. Having said that, I think it's a wash between Beasley and Cobb. There are somethings each does better than the other.

John813

Reaction score
Bease got figured out here cause he either ran two routes in this offense. A 5 yard in or out(not 100% serious).

Cobb does offer more vertical routes and he did a good job against the Vikings.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sturm is a Packers fans so there may be some bias here. Having said that, I think it's a wash between Beasley and Cobb. There are somethings each does better than the other.
Maybe, but I've never known him to allow his fandom to be an issue though even when they've played them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Walt Garrison Reference:
One of the more humorous sports quotes was attributed to Cowboy quarterback Don Meredith speaking about Garrison's dependability, "If it was third down, and you needed four yards, if you'd get the ball to Walt Garrison, he'd get ya five. And if it was third down and ya needed twenty yards, if you'd get the ball to Walt Garrison, by God, he'd get you five."

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This.

At this point in Cobb's career, Beasley is a bit quicker on those really short routes.

At his peak in Green Bay, Cobb was better than Beasley's at his peak.

In this offense, Cobb provides more in terms the overall impact.

Beasley's lack of threat outside his niche area made it easier for defenses to cover other players.

The Beasley / Witten Combo in 2017 was very limiting to the offense. The areas on the field they were a threat were too similar.